MOFO or DMX

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 64
Which would be a better sub, The power acoustic MOFO or the Massive audio DMX? Im looking into 2 12s and i want them to be very loud but still have decent SQ. I can buy the DMXs at a local shop for about $400 each so if you can recommend other subs for that price or less that would work too.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 569
if your gonna spend 400 a sub you might as well order 2 12" RE X.XX from www.reaudio.com

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 29
I hope you have a true 2000 Watt amp to power them too

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 30
I hope you have a true 2000 Watt amp to power them too. You are also gonna need some nice speakers and an amp for them too if you are gonna want to hear them over all the bass. You will probably also need to uprgrade your charging system which will include a new alt. for about 300 dollars and couple of batters for about 150 each. HOpe u have plenty of money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
I already have nice speakers and an amp for them, and i already have a high output alt. with 2 batteries. But nobody really answered my question, how are power acoustic MOFO and massive audio DMX subs?

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 579
they are both bad, for th emoney your spending you can get a sub that will be much more responsive, sound better and last you over twice as long. Given the right box...

Look at an Adire Brahma, RE X.XX, eclipse TI, all those subs will beat the pants off any power acoustic or MA audio sub...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Well i dont want to buy subs off the internet, and i can get the eclipse TIs locally but i was trying to save myself some money b/c i can get the power acoustics for under 200 i was just trying to figure out if the massive subs were worth the extra $200. But i guess if those subs really are junk then i will spend the extra money.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 582
yea i promise you that if you get the power acoustics you'll kick yourself in the face within the hour...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
How are the massive DMX, i know they arent going to be near as good as eclipse Ti, Brahma, RE x.x.x or many other subs especially SQ wise but will they be loud and will they last?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 156
Why even ask that question when you can call up RE right now, tell them you want a 12" X.X.X and it'll be at your house in a week for the same price ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
My amp will only push 550 watts to each sub, will the x.x.x run off that and sound good? also what will shipping cost on those subs b/c i know they weigh over 50 pounds each.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 157
When I got my X.X.X, it was 36 lbs. Cost 405$ shipped. You might want some more power to them, but I'd imagine you should be able to get some sound out of them still, as long as you're careful to not clip the amp. I saw a lot of people saying they had good luck with those Hifonics amps, and they aren't expensive at all for the power. I haven't used one myself so I couldn't tell you, but just some suggestions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Well i dont really want to buy a new amp just new subs, and i know the massive DMXs will run fine on my amp b/c when i heard them in the local audio shop they were running on 200 watts, only about half excursion though. And i had a previous thread and asked if the eclipse Ti subs would work with my amp and everyone seemed to think so. But i just figured if the massive DMX would be loud and i can get them quite a bit cheaper than the eclipse subs that would be good. So really all i need to know is if the massive subs are going to be loud, and if they will last?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us