Help! What amp to use with my sub?

Username: Trojanmanms

Post Number: 5
Hey everyone. I am kinda lost. I have done as much resarch as i can on the internet about amps/subs/anything car audio, but i think i have reached my limit. I just bought a 12" MM12 Polk Audio subwoofer. Its rated at 500W RMS and 1000W Peak. Single Voice coil i believe. I am looking for an amp to power it. any suggestions? From previous listings, i see that MTX is a good way to go. However, from what i understand, the Polk Audio sub i bought is pretty high end. Maybe not. If anyone can tell me anything about either the MM12 or an amp i should get, it would be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone know anything about blaupunkt? Are they a good brand? I am looking into buying a small amp from them (PA 2150). They have tons of them on ebay....is that bad? I was also wondering how hi-pass crossover and low-pass crossovers work? How are they rated? And this amp that i was talking about has both hi and low pass.......does that mean i get to choose? Check out its specs here. Is it a problem that it runs off of 13.8V DC?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Blaupunkt%20PA2150%20Car%20Amplifier:1991187425:page =details;_ylt=AgYA2QCM4.sbj3TX7WecuPKgDSUF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsam1mdjZzBF9zAzg2MzE0NDAw BHNlYwNi Z3NpYg--

Thanks Again.
-Mario

Username: Trojanmanms

Post Number: 6
PLEASE ANSWER!!!!

-Mario
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us