Blown fuse

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 565
Alright, went to put my system back in my car, had to take it out for christmas present reasons, and my fuses blew, what could've caused this? I made sure the amp was grounded good and all that? Could there just have been some extra power in the cable that the map didnt like, i'm on my way to get buy some more from radio shack, anyone got any ideas on what might have caused it?

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 566
guys i need to know what to do here, i tried putting new fuses in and they blew as well, what the problem with my amp? somebody please help me!

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 35
Could be a blown sub or a short in the power cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Which fuse is blowing?...
amp or main power fuse...

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 568
well, just went to try again with another set of fuses, the fuses in the amp this time are fine and now the in-line fuse is blown to nothingness, i dont know what to do or where to begin looking, last time this happened my amp never worked again in my car or any other car...

Basiclaly when i hooked the power cable up last i got a whole bunch of blue electrical sparks and then my fuses blew. I tried again just now with another set up fuses and i just heard a big pop from the front of the car and the inline fuse just blew itself. So think my wiring is just bad? its not the greatest amp kit either... DHD 4 gauge... this isnt the first time this has happened...this happened before and i assumed it was the amp because it blew the inline fuse in my friends car as well, i dont know what to do...help...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Sounds like a fried power supply.
You should have unhooked the negative battery
terminal, otherwise you get sparks.
Try to look over every inch of power wiring to make sure
its not being shorted somewhere.
also check to make sure the sub isnt blown now,
because that can cause a short as well.
Popping inline fuses is usually caused by
a short in the wire, or damaged equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 358
Pay particular attention to where the wire goes through things (firewall etc...) anything that can make the smallest cut in it; it sounds like a short somewhere.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 570
took a look at the wire tonight, turns out where its gone through the firewall the gromet has dissappeared and it was against the bear metal, there look to be some slits in it, so i'm gonna go with my wiring being shot...I need my trunk for winter for snowboarding and my cars gonna be in the back of a parking lot at night alot (i'm a lift operator at a mountian by me) so i was taking it out anways, i guess i'll just sell it off and start fresh in the spring...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us