Alpine MRV-T575

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 51
Hi all,

I have the chance to buy an Alpine MRV-T575 fairly cheap. Would this amp run a pair of 10 inch Type R subs? If any of you have any experience with this unit running subs please let me know.

Cheers Glenn

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 882
Hey "mate" (can't believe you used "Hi all"), you seem to find amps that are not very popular or very had to find info on google. I think that amp is 250W x 2. If your sub's power requirement is around there, then it should be okay.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 53
Hi Isaac,

:-) It was an ebay job. I didn't have to much trouble finding it which is why I didn't list the specs, figured they must be fairly common. It claims 600 watts mono bridged. I am a bit suspicious of how old/hammered it is so I think I may buy a new one instead.

Would a Pioneer GM-D510M be any good? I am dubios of Pioneer at the best of times but haven't heard anything bad about their amps other than them being a little behind. They are fairly cheap new off ebay.

If you can make any suggestions as to what else may be in the same price/performance league I would like to know. Some the brands that you guys get there I can't here which is a PITA.

Whats wrong with "Hi All"? It is fairly common here to address a group. We don't slur it though into "Hi'Yall" Its said "Hi Everyone" literally.

lol - later man thanks for your input.

Cheers Glenn

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 889
"Yo" moorey, that pioneer amp is not that bad. It has SN Ratio of 100db with THD of .03%. I'm not sure if you're going to get 600W rms at 2ohms, but hopefully it won't be like kenwood. Those amps are over rated in power numbers.
Hopefully you'll be able to get a good deal on it. I am not a fan of used electronic equipments unless you know the guy. Most people buy amps/subs to abuse and lot of them sell after something goes wrong with the item.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 54
Cool Isaac,

I don't know to much about that side of it just yet and can't tell a decent amp just by looking at the specs, i gathered that the lower the THD was better as any distortion is bad, i wasn't sure on the sensitivity. One day I'll have to look into it and learn for my self :-)

Mate the Pioneer ones I was looking at are brand new. I can get em for about 232 USD (about 300 bucks to me) I figured they were a pretty good deal, as long as know one told me they were total trash or anything

Cheers Glenn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us