Alpine??

Bronze Member
Username: Trev87

Glennville, Georgia Usa

Post Number: 20
can everyone give me thier opinon on 2 12" type r's? like how they sound, how hard they hit all that good stuff id really appreciate it. are they worth the price?

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 34
Theyre pretty good subs...average SQ and SPL
Whether or not theyre worth the price depends on
how much youre paying.
Also depends on how you plan on powering them

Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 6
You can get them for about $90 each on Ebay right now

MadFatChickKiller
Unregistered guest
I run two 12" type r's and I power them with a Boss amp that pushes 300w to each one. Boss amps arent even all that great and the subs still it pretty hard. Good SQ to and they are good if you like listening to other music besides rap.

Bronze Member

Glennville, Georgia Usa

Post Number: 22
ok cool and just out of curiosity are there any other kind of subwoofers that have the same specs as to the type r's like a different name brand or something?

Bronze Member

Glennville, Georgia Usa

Post Number: 24
oh and can anyone tell me the best site to get alpine speakers from? thanks

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
your best bet for the type r's is on ebay...i just got 2 for like $245 or something like that shipping included. and im definitely not the best person to ask for which amp to use cause i tend to use a little bit too much power...lol. im using 2 mrd-m501's and eveyone only recommends 1. but im gonna try it with both and see. but anyways im high and rambling so if that helps ya at all then good, and if not.... my bad... lol

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 362
www.etronics.com has some great prices too and I have ordered from them many times w.o a problem - Rs are 99 - 110$ each.

Unregistered guest
they are great. they sound pretty good but it all depends how u set it up too

SmithFan
Unregistered guest
As far as the alpine speakers go, you can get R type speakers front and back on Alpine.com, im sure you could get them other places but I havent looked around that much. The only problem is they are only made in a few sizes. If your interested in buying some, I know a guy who can get you 6 1/2" r type speakers, let me know if your interested or if these fit in your car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us