What type of enclosure for system

Username: Fireoverlord

Williamsport, PA USA

Post Number: 7
Getting two 12' Brahma's, powered by a JBL 1200.1, actually thinking of upgradeing to a more powerful amp, and wondering what type of enclosure I should be looking for, for a 50/50 mix of sql and sq. Also I have looked at the dimensions for boxes found at various websites, but I am a newb so I don't understand what most of it means, if anyone can help please do, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 219
well what type of vehical are these going in is it a hatch back, trunk because it can make a big difference

Williamsport, PA USA

Post Number: 8
It is going to be in an open back trunk, in a Toyota Highlander

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 221
ok i see what you got going on and this is what i seggest you do if you want 50/50 spl and sq go with a sealed box it is more sq but if you went with a ported box it would ratle more then a sealed box and anything and ratling doesnt sound good and sence you are in the same space as your subs they well be louder then if you were to have them in a normal trunk

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 141
Dynamat everything, and make a good box, and it won't rattle. Sealed is going to give a little more SQ, ported a little more SPL. I believe www.adireaudio.com gives you suggestions on the cuft to put the Brahmas in.

Williamsport, PA USA

Post Number: 9
Should i dynamat the the whole thing, roof, floors, doors, license plate, etc. or can some of these be skipped. Thanks I decided to go with the Subzero ABS122 for an enclosure, should i stick with the JBL amp if i do this?

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 69
your going to need about 800-1200 watts to power each of them subs, a JBL BP1200.1 isnt going to be nearly enough...

Williamsport, PA USA

Post Number: 10
Any ideas for the amp then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us