JL 12w7/ 15w0?

Anonymous

I am going to get a couple 12w7's and my friend ha six 15wo subs. I think his will be louder, but I was wondering by how much? How many 15wo's will equill one 12w7. I have only heard w7's a couple times at low volumes. All my freinds and I love loud stereos and it is a big contest between all of us. I was wondering how loud two 12w7's with one 1000/1 amp would be. Will that amp power them? Would they be heard across my collage campus? I would appreciate som feedback thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 173
i think that 2-3 15w0 would be equivelent to 1 w7. i think you should get another 1000/1 amp though, have 1 amp to 1 sub and that will sound pretty loud. try 13w7 if you want to be louder for sure

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 57
ha, 6 15w0's would own you with the right amount of wattage..

about 3 13w7's should be getting close..

Anonymous

ok dont buy the w7's...you can get cheaper and much much better...for the same amount of money...go with 3 10 inch eclipse titaniums and run them on 3 interfire audio IB2950C's....that will hit harder then any subs jl makes...and also...does jl make a 15 inch w7...or have they ever...my friend said they did and i wasnt sure..thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6567
the W0 line is a low excursion, low power sub.
If you want co compare to his system using 6 of those, look at using one pair of RE triple X or MT 15" subs, or a pair of Eclipse Ti 18" subs, and feed each sub about 1500rWMS.

Your system should end up pretty superior, and using less air space.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 358
dude, i know you have good intentions but giving people advice on something you know little about is kinda lame. yes eclipse are goood woofers, however sayin they will blow away any jl is at most nothing more than a feeble opinion.

and no jl doesnt make a 15W7, however they do offer a 13W7, which has about the amount of cone area as a 15" woofer. its because the surround goes out to the very edge of the speaker giving more room for cone, they're pretty cool subs.
l8a bro

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6575
same Xmax for a Ti 12" and 13W7 if I recall, too.
32mm

Anonymous

i just checked and the 12" ti moves 1.5 inches. which is 38.1 mm one way

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2804
"i just checked and the 12" ti moves 1.5 inches. which is 38.1 mm one way"

And that's not totally right. Peak one way maybe, not linear, I promise you. I've seen a dumax sheet a guy got for the Ti Pro, which has more excursion than the Titanium, and it was around 34mm. 34mm is still very, very good though. They do list 1.5" for the X-max, but that's not totally right.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6584
that's the mechanical Xmax, but it won't travel that far magnetically in field.
it's a bit of a trick companies use to make the Xmax look a bit larger.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2806
Absolutely. The Dumax sheet I saw was a linear measurement, but that was mainly due to the huge motor strength the sub has.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6587
I figured you knew that. I just thought I'd explain for the benefit of anyone who might be a bit confused by the specs.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 11
im confused

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2808
I'd like to see the Tis at full potential, I saw a thread where a TC sounds employee promised someone that a Ti pro will use ALL of the surround it has :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us