Pioneer avh-p6500dvd vs. avh-p6600dvd.. Are there ANY differences?

drb223
Unregistered guest
Are there any differences in the 2 head units? I' trying to decide between the 2 and I don't know if pioneer has stopped making the 6500 and replacedit with the 6600, but there aren't many differences. Just wondering. Any imput would be great.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 69
Yes, there is quite a bit of difference. The 6600 has a touch screen, dvd player, mp3 and wma player, where as the 6500 only comes with a cd player (if you get the 6500cd otherwise it doesn't even have that). Yet, the 6500 you can find between 400-1000, where the 6600 ranges from like 700/800-1400. There you go.

Unregistered guest
for anyone interested i am selling the pioneer avh-6500dvd and pioneer 6 dvd changer (XDV-P9-11) for £1100 brand new with warranty. email me if you are interested at fourways_international@hotmail.com

pajotero
Unregistered guest
i would like to reply to tim shouder as i see you got your facts completely wrong. There is actually no difference in performance between the 6500 and 6600. The 6500 is also touch screen plays dvd,cd mp3 and wma. The only difference is a more trendy options menu as the unit is a replacement for the 6500. But otherwise they ar eidentical

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 133
Pajotero, you are completely correct. and i know i have done that exact same thing in another post somewhere on here but i corrected myself before. I always get the 6500 mistaken for the 6400cd in which case i am correct with the info. But i applogize for the mistaken info. Ill make sure to read the post more clearly next time.

Username: Nick119

Post Number: 2
The 6600 is great. Works excellent, installation was simple and havent had a problem yet. Been running top notch for 1 year now..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us