Do i use xo in HU or on amp for the sub?

Michael C.
Unregistered guest
I have an Alpine 9835 and i am looking to install a 10" Eclipse Titanium with a Kicker Sx1250 amp. Do i use the amps XO or the HU's? I will be using the Hu's XO for the Perfects up front but am unsure if i should use it for the rear also.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2727
Either is fine. The Alpine's crossover is very good and also it will give you the convenience of adjusting it from the head unit instead of crawling back to the amplifiers.

Username: Mit41078

South Bend , Indiana Good ole USA

Post Number: 1
Thanks Jonathen for the reply. I read in one of the forums that most amps only have filters anyhow. Is that what the gain, freq, and boost consist of? If i use the XO on the HU do i turn the LBP filter to the off setting or leave it on. I know if i leave it on all the adjustments on the amp come into play.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2731
The amp crossover is independant of the other settings such as boost and gain. Yes, if you use the HU crossover then turn the amps XO off.

Post Number: 2
what will give me the best control over my sub? If i use the Hu will it still put as much power to the sub than if i were to use the amps controls? ie: setting the gain as so forth?

Post Number: 3
I read your reply again and i think i understand now. The xo on the amp only controls the frequencies allowed to pass through. It does not control the tuning process; gain, boost, etc. So what i need to do is turn off the xo on the amp, (LBP and HBP), and use the HU 's XO to determine my frequency cutoffs instead. But i still need to adjust the gain and boost accordingly. Will i need to do this to my fronts also?

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 41
YES! turn the XO off on the sub amp and your mids/highs amp and use the XO on your HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 57
Thats it. The 9835 XO network is HEAPS better anything you can do with your amp, you the I-personalize to make it exact and upload the settings to the HU.

Cheers Glenn

Unregistered guest
Why do you consider the XO in the head unit "heaps" better? The HU is a digital micro processor and the amp is a smooth analog isn't it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us