6.5" rear fill speakers...

Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 8
i am hoping to get a new system in my grand cherokee sometime soon. i was listening to speakers at Tweeter and i had some picked out. i will most likely get MB Quart Premium components for the front with an amp. for the back fill i had just seen polk momo speakers in the store, im not sure which model they were, they were like $160. would these be good to compliment the components? i was also looking at the infinity kappa 63.5...i have heard great things about infinity speakers. which would be the better option out of these two?? and if there are any other suggestions, i'm definitely open to hearing them. thanks in advance! p.s.- the sub in the system would either be a 12 inch X.XX or a JL 12w6v2, not completely sure on the sub yet.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2728
It's usually best to match components and rears if you want the same response and timbre. Personally, I think your best bet would be to forget the rears and invest in even better components up front. It'll give you better sound quality. Info about the negatives of rear speakers here:
http://www.teamcaf.org/geolemon/Phasing/Multiple.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 12
Thanks Jonathon. which components would you suggest without jumping up too much in price? and also, not to contradict what your saying, i know that you know more about this than i do, but i thought leaving the rear speakers out was more for smaller cars...that applies to SUV's as well?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us