Sub amp that puts out 300RMS * 1 @ 4ohms Reccomendations?

Bronze Member
Username: Ids

Post Number: 28
Hi i have a jl Audio 12w3v2 d2 it can do up to 300 RMS * 1 @ 4ohms. The box it is in is a 2.1 Cubic feet ported box. I haev a set of infinity perfect 6.1s they were powered by a alpine mrv-t320 until i find out which amp to buy for the sub i am using this amp to push the JL and my components are powered by deck...ya i know not good but i wanted to use my sub....anyways it does 220RMS * 1 @ 4ohms and it is pusing the sub i was amazed at how nicely the sub is pounding. Ok the two choices i came to are the following
Phoenix Gold Tantrum 300.2 300RMS*1@ 4ohms
ROckford Fosgate P3002 300RMS* 1 @ 4ohms.
anyone know how i should push this sub someoen was telling me to put in 300-500RMS....i dont wanan kill the sub and i still wanan use my alpine amp to power the components. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on REMOving my rears soon as the sub gets its oWN amp. ill let the bass flow into cabin...thanks any help is going to be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6353
300wRMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
Kicker KX600.1
JBL bp600.1
JBL GTO601.1

those are a few more options.
look also at MTX, Avionixx, Cadence, and Memphis.
Infinity may also have an amp in that range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
ok which one woudl you reccomend out of these i was leavning toward gettinga phoenix gold tantrum 300.2 my friend is powering 2 jlw3v2's d4's with one amp for each sub so hes got 2 of these amps and its amazing. even when he had one amp pussing both the pg 300.2 its amazing woudl you reccomend this amp at all ? out of the 3 you mentioned which one is the best? also my buded isl ike 170US.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6362
all good amps
if you liked the PG amp, go with that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Some ppl were also telling me that i could put in a 400RMS amp but my box is 2.1cbft and its ported so shoudl i get a 400RMS amp if i can for the same price ? it says max 300RMs in manaul but apparantly the w3v2 can take more.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6394
http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/RP_Chart.html

Bronze Member
Username: Protrex

Post Number: 25
I really like my JBL GTO601.1. I have it pushing two JL W3v2 D4's @ 4 ohms and it sounds amazing.

Good Luck,
Protrex

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Maybe im strapped on a tight budged and i wanan get the biggest bang for the $$ so i only have 170US ish to spend on a amp. This is only gonna work off ebay i cannot fo to a store with this much money and get even a DECNEt amp that willpower my sub. its a JL 12W3V2 D2.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6479
the JBL should fit your budget.
good amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
where do you see the jbl gt0601.1 for 170US?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6492
ebay

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 275
hey glasswolf...wouldnt it be cheaper for him to buy a 2 channel amp and bridge it to 300watts @ 4 ohms?? seems to me that would save him close to $100 probably. oh n if u read this will you check my sub box post in the sub section. thanks !

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
my original plan was to buy a phoenix gold tantrum 300.2 it does 300*1RMS @ 4ohms. on ebay within my budget. thier are no GTO amps on ebay right now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us