Brahmas/mtx9500/jlaudio/RE ?

Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 4
brahamas-mtx 9500-jl audio 13w7-RE X's= are these sub comparable? i want loud/smooth/low end bass (i.e. lil' jon)i.ve heard the W7's and they are awesome, price is not though.any recomendations?
i have 10 days to purchase my sub-please respond.
i'm looking into a single 15" by the way and its going into a huge box where the rear seat just to be in a f-150

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 820
Hey DrMax, brahamas/13w7 are nice. I've checked them both out. As for your sub box, make sure the size meets sub's requirements. If not you won't maximize the sub.

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 5
what about an mtx 9500?
diff league? less one perhaps?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 250
IMO the mtx is NOT on the same level as the other speakes you listed. I am sure alot of the other people in here would agree. As for the others all 3 are highly recomended. I perfer the JLs, yet the x.x.x and brahamas come very highly recomended too. I would just go take a listen and go from there.

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 6
like i stated earlier, i've heard the jl 13w7's. now, does the x.x.x. and brahamas sound the same as the 13w7. whatn about the orion h2? same level as jl, x.x.x, and brahamas or is it down with the mtx 9500?

Bronze Member
Username: Thehammer

Mount Holly, Nj US

Post Number: 17
the Mtx 9500 is a sick subwoofer i got that hooked up to a jl 1000/1 and it hits the 13.5 W/7 is good also i got one of those also but the mtx is cheaper and gives about the same sound on the same amp. But its personal opinion hear them all if u can

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 10
is an MTX 9500 an SPL or SQ subwoofer?
and is JL's 13W7 an SPL or SQ subwoofer?what about brahamas? help----

Username: E_will87

Chicago, Il Usa

Post Number: 5
Ok i have one MTX 9515 with a 1501d amp and i hit mid 140s with good SQ. My boy has a x.x.x. 15" and it has alot better SQ than my mtx, overall i'd say as far as loudness goes its a push but for better SQ i'd go with the x.x.x. jl or brahma.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
In my opinion jl is over rated. Everone jumped on the bandwagon for jl. With that a side the re x x x is a sq, spl sub. So is the brhama. If you can aford the sub's and amp to push them I would go with the re x x x.

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 11
what is sq and what is spl? is jl 13w7 an sq or spl sub?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2714
SQ is sound quality, SPL is sound pressure level (loudness). The 13W7 is an SQ/SPL sub, a jack of all trades. It's a good balance of both, with a lot of emphasis on sound quality. I wouldn't say the JL is overrated, it is an excellent subwoofer, but I will say that people are cheating themselves if they don't at least consider other subs on the same level. What aggravates me are the people that say "Just get JL, nothing else is as good" and stuff like that. If you've weighed out your options and chosen your equipment because it's what you like, then you can have whatever you want, and just say screw what everybody else thinks.

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 12
the kind of bass that you can feel vibrating the walls 50 feet away, make car alrms go off, what is that sq or spl? and what other subs sound just like the 13w7? x.x.x.-brahmas-?

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 14
c'mon some plz help me out here, read the previous question and tell if the x.x.x. or brahamas sond just like the 13w7

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 15
c'mon some one plz help, i'm in search of a new sub to replace my new mtx 9500. read the previous question and tell me if any other subs (x.x.x.,brahamas,idmax) sound just like the 13w7

Bronze Member
Username: Mrrogers

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 12
have you ever considered looking into 18"s. they kick some major as$. but the only thing is they are made for the super ultra lows and they have a slow response time. so dance club music is no good

Silver Member

Post Number: 831
Hey I have 18" sub. I don't find it slow at tall. Of course I'm not listening to super fast bass. Not all 18" subs are slow. You'll just have to try it out.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2719
It's not that 18s are slower, they're just harder to control. An 18" sub is as capable of moving as fast as a 10" sub with enough motor strength, but with the mass it has, it takes more suspension and motor damping to stop the cone. That's the main reason they sound a little sloppier. Same principle as stopping a 2,500 lb car compared to a huge 10,000 pound truck. And Dr Max, you're looking for a subwoofer with good SPL, and all the subs mentioned above will provide you with it. Furthermore, none of them sound just like a 13W7, a W7 is unique, but the X.X.X. is closest to it IMO.

Anonymous

i would not consider a W7 an SPL sub. sure it gets loud, thats what its suppose to do. but for serious spl, i wouldnt even consider the W7. ive only ever seen 1 car use W7's for drag events. im not talking about some local show sound off. he had 6 13.5" W7's and 12 1000/1. he scored like 154 on the new TL. spl is more about install but with that equipment, it should score higher. so i consider the W7 much more of a SQ sub. all subs are unique, or they would all sound the same.

he wants the stereo to be "loud", so considering an 18" wouldnt be such a bad idea. a triple x 18" much just fit the occasion. if he has the room to fit the huge ported box, then go for it.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2724
I didn't mean it was an SPL only sub, I just meant that either sub would provide the SPL he's wanting to have. SPL-only subs just suck for music listening and daily driving.

Anonymous

brahma and triple x are common in db drag events, and in SQ events. and they win in both. they are good for SQ, SPL, and SQL. id take either of them over a W7.

Anonymous

brahma and triple x are common in db drag events, and in SQ events. and they win in both. they are good for SQ, SPL, and SQL. id take either of them over a W7.

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 19
ok so let me get this right , spl is the kind of bass-that u can hear 100 feet away?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 317
SQ= sound quality
SPL= sound pressure level (volume)

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
an "SPL" system will be loud, it will have a high sound pressure level.
an "SQ" system will sound very good, it will have good sound quality

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 21
what do you mean by "loud" ? is loud !!!BOOM!! OR !!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM" YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? THERES ONE KIND OF BASS, like lil jon, thats kind of extended and you can hear 100 feet away and then theres the other thats kind of more detailed but short like ! boom ,boom ,boom!!!. but for some reason 13w7 play that low extended bass very well and i was just wondering what type of bass is that, the 13w7

Anonymous

Just yell outside your window, it's a lot easier. You can even change the "BOOM" to a "BANG" or a "BOFF" if you feel like.

Try doing a search on the internet and stop posting the same thing every time.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 172
yes the brahma and the X.xx both are going to sound on the same level, if not higher than the w7. if you want a lot of boom also look around for boxes, a great sounding sub will sound better and louder in a good box. also the brahm and the XX.X are both SQ/SPL oriented drivers. if you set your system up right then yes, your bass will be heard a hundred feet away. all these subs will carry bass, so that sould not be a problem. you just need to get a good amp to run the sub.

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 26
finally, thanks a lot hunter. however i do have one final question, i need your honest opinion. what sub would you recomend , x.x.x. or brahamas 15" 's by the way

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 67
if youre looking for more bass go with the X.X.X they have a longer Xmax by like 3 or 4 millimeters

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 175
the triple xs do have a wee bit more xmax, they are almost the same thing, think of them as the olsen twins or the hilton sisters or the bush sisters

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
Whoa, those are some good pair of speakers then! :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
icant believe you all are just dissin the mtx 9500's like that, those are just as good as the other subs listed. and if you really want to talk about woofers that'll be heard from 100 yards away look into atomic subs, or american bass, but on top of them all id say Digital Designs subs are the most efficient and loooooud.
but what do i know

Anonymous

i dont think you read my previous post zacdavis. me and my buddy have the same cars,stereos, amp but diff subs. hes got 13w7 and i got the mtx 9500, wich i'll be honest, does sound like s$%t compared to w7. by a large margin may i add.so now i want something that'll sound a little better than his w7. x.x.x seems to take the lead with brahamas right behinde according to posters at this site

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
do what u want,its your stereo, but remember i've heard w7's sound like azz too, they are both kick butt subs, sq is realative to the install. maybe you should consider a different box, i'm sure you'd be surprised at what your sub can do with the rite set up. i'm just sayin dont give up on the equipment you already have.
trust me.
and ya, i agree with you 100% the brahma and x x x are better subs. but honestly if you want a sub that is thee most efficient, and has the highest spl without compromising sq, i'd deffintly look into Digital Designs, ask any owner of a DD and you'll hear nothing but 100% positive feedback.
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp

Anonymous

thanks for your good info there zac d. i 'll go take a look at that link you provided. your the first one to mention this sub. ( from what i've read) anyone else got something to say about this DIGITAL DESIGNS subs before i go out and buy that x.x.x ?

Anonymous

oh and what model are you talking about zacdavis? digital designs ....?

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 29
where you at zac .d?........

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1188
if anyone said mtx9500 over the brahma/idmax/RE/w7 they should be shot...

with a 50 cal..

in the back of the head

Username: Jmoney12rr

Post Number: 2
my friend has a 10" mtx 9500 in a custom vented enclosuer (built by a local audio company) in a 2004 chevy colorado, he has an MA audio mono 800 watt amp running to it and i can hear him coming from a good 100-200 yards away

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
You don't always get the best bang for the buck with "popular" brands. Sometimes a reasonable product in a properly designed box can out perform or give the highest return value for your money.
I personally have 18" MA Audio sub. I'm sure not many of you have heard of it, but it has such powerful bass, people tell me they can hear me inside their car when I'm approaching. That's with my volume control around 22 out of 50 and with bass control 1/3 up. Just imagine if I actually raised my volume and the bass control.
The first thing to go will probably be my muffler and tail lights :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 38
Who cares if people can hear how loud your car is...
Youre literaly considering spending money so
you can piss people off?
rediculous.
In my opinion, people who need to show off anything
they own have either an inadequate self-esteem, or
a small johnson.
Either way, you should be embarrassed to even
ask that question.
I listen to my stereo with the windows up.
It sounds better that way.
When people drive by my house with
their stereos blaring, I contemplate running in
the middle of the street with a crowbar,
and beating the moron out of them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 885
Whoa, good thing I keep my volume down. I wouldn't want to hurt your crowbar.

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 39
Wasnt specifically talking to you man.
And youre right...my crowbar is mighty
sensitive.
:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
i used 2 spl z1x3000d amps and 4 DD3512's to break the wisconsin state record in 901-1800ss.
these amps are a cheap brand name but are designed by soundstream engineers. they do perform quite well. i've burped these amps at 1/4 for over 3 seconds and they kept on tickin.
as far as your two brahma's, they would "see" 900 rms watts each with one amp. the amp does 1800 at 2ohms.
since you have the money to spend, two of these amps daisy chained(strapped) will put out 4600 watts rms at 2 ohms mono to the pair of subs.
thats alot of power if you ever need to "piss some one off"
i pulled a 160 with 4 of those amps on 4 9512's
they are very consistent, durable, powerfull, and inexpensive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
here is 8 of the 3000d's
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us