Alpine iPod Interface Question

Username: Mkelley

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know if, when using the Alpine 420i with a proper head unit (let's say the 9835) that when you are playing a playlist and you stop the car (turn it off) and then get back in that it will pick up in the playlist where it left off? Or do I have to reselect the playlist and scroll down to where I last was (which would be a real PITA).

The iPod itself will "remember" where it is in playing a playlist or album for around 48 hours (after which it does into "deep sleep") but since the Alpine controls the iPod completely I'm worried that it won't be usable for me.

(It isn't a trivial question -- I'm buying BOTH the Alpine head unit and iPod interface, so the money is a little more than just paying $100, but if it won't do what I need I'll pass).

TIA for any help.

Username: Topre9

Iwakuni, Yamaguchi Japan

Post Number: 1
Just received my KCA-420i today along with an Alpine 9835 Head Unit. To answer your question though, in the short time I experimented with the iPod adapter, it appears to remember the last song you played and where in the song when you shut your vehicle down. I am on vacation now, so will be playing with both units a little more to learn all the in and outs. It is nice though plugging the iPod in, sticking it in the glove box, and controlling everything from the head unit, and at the same time the iPod is charging. Alpine got this right and good on them.

Wish you luck.

AJ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us