What to replace kappa perfect tweeter(s)?

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 43
hey all. i bought a set of infinity kappa perfect 6.1 components from ebay :-) and anyway, i wound up getting what i paid for... <$150 for the set.. including one blown tweeter... at least that is what i think.

one of the tweeters plays about two or three times quieter than the other.. causing the left side to sound muffled... forcing me to keep running my dash 4x6's (with a 24db/oct. high pass at 3.5kHz) just to sort of try to balance it out.

i tried swapping the leads from side to side... the one tweeter was the bad link. nomatter what source, one was tons louder than the other.

where can i find a replacement tweeter? do they sell the kappa perfect tweeters seperate? i have seen a few infinity tweeters on ebay.. but im not sure what actually matches the damaged tweeter.. and what will integrate best with the crossovers.

Bronze Member

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 46
ummm. i went to the local car audio shop to see what they had, the guy there was quick to tell me that infinity makes poor quality car audio speakers. he tried to sell me a set of $40 tweeters that looked very generic, although he said they were made by memphis. anyway they listed no rms rating, just a 120w musical power rating... any input would be greatly appreciated... i am thinking about buying basically any set of 2 or 4 tweeters that can handle the clean 90+ watts I am feeding... (or 50 each if i go with 4 in series, or would that even work unless i had 4 2ohm, 2 4ohm or 2 8ohm tweeters? i am assuming the kappa tweeters were 4 ohm) please help.. hehe. i hate begging for help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6180
the guy at the shop is full of it.
Infinity makes very good speakers.
Contact Infinity directly about replacing a tweeter.
If you bought those 6.1s new from someone, contact them about being defective or go through eBay's safe harbor program or paypal's buyer protection.

If you got the warranty card with the speakers, send it in, then contact Infinity about having it bad out of the box.

Bronze Member

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 47
thanks. i'll pursue the exact infinity replacement then

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6244
that really is the best bet
the Perfect tweeters are very good ones.
You're not likely to find a suitable replacement stand alone tweeter for less than a new set of 6.1s would cost you at the least.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us