Alpine or pioneer? quality and power

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 12
once again my local aduio shops have dif opinions on what is good. my first system had alpine and i thought it sounde best. they tell me pioneer is the best and alpine is build bad quaility wize. this was a shocker for me. also power wize they say pioneer is better. i look at the specs and apline 9831 has 4v preouts while comprable pioneers only have 2v preouts. any comments would be enjoyed

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6152
The Alpine Vdrive internal amplifier has 27 watts RMS x 4.
that's the most power of any head unit I know off hand, including Pioneer Premiere. I used to be a dealer for both Alpine and Pioneer Premiere.
I'm guessing this shop doesn't sell Alpine. It's amasing the crap they'll tell you to get you to give them money isn't it?
a 4V pre-out is superior to a 2V pre-out as well, if you're using amplifiers.

Both Pioneer and Alpine have very good build quality in my experience, which is probably more experience than the entire staff of your local shop combined, just for the record.

If you're looking at both brands, Only compare Alpine with Pioneer's upper echelon Premier products, and compare based on features. Quality won't be a concern with either company.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6153
By the way, I own quite a few Alpine products, including a CDA-9813 and a CDA-7990.
Ask them to point out any Pioneer product made that can compete with the specs of the Alpine CDA-7990. I would love to hear their *objective* answer, backed up with cited references for their information given.

:-)

need_amp
Unregistered guest
micheal, i got a alpine 9813 myself. it's a amazing headunit(at least my opinion) many of my friends has pioneer, kenwood, but alpine is alpine. respected worldwide.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 60
I agree with you guys that alpine is great quaility. Yet ive only ever owned pioneer (premier). I am extremly happy with it. Great sound reproduction/eqs, built strong, and has never let me down.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 61
also you should be happy you have local audio shops. i have to drive 1hr to an hr and 1/2 to get to mine.

DavidLeeRoth
Unregistered guest
My Pioneer DEH-P8MP (Premier) puts out 6.5V 100ohms on the Pre-outs, just FYI in response to the 4V 2V point made earlier. I don't pretend it to be superior, just getting the facts straight.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_76829766,00.ht ml

DavidLeeRoth
Unregistered guest
Sorry, was bad link...

Oh, and the Peak is 60W*4, and I believe it's 29W RMS by 4. Just FYI again.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_76829766_tab=B ,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent#

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6689
"specs" can be misleading.
be cautious when basing all of your decisions on printed spec sheets for products with which you have no first hand experience.

here's your Pioneer site link:
2076_4041_76829766%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detai l/0,,2076_4041_76829766,00.html

as for pre-out voltage, a 4V pre-out won't make a system any "louder" but it will yield a cleaner, better resolution signal with a lower noise floor, or better signal to noise ratio.
higher line voltages make for a cleaenr signal path.

both are good units.. alpine or pioneer.
I used to be a dealer for both companies (pioneer premier)
Objectively I can tell you both have good reliability and features. Aesthetics are personal taste. I think you'd be happy with either product.
Neither of them suck, for sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us