Amp for my 2 subs

Abyss_Omega
Unregistered guest
Hi my old Mtx amp just crapped out for some reason. It was a MTX RT2400X. I just bought two MTX MXS1204. I was wondering would the best amp to buy be the MTX MXA8001 since they are kinda made to go together. Or should I get a different amp? Any imput would be welcomed thanks

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 728
Hey Abyss, how much is MXA8001? That amp at Futureshop is a rip off (even though Best Buy owns them).
You should compare the price to RFT10001BD/Kicker/JL/JBL/Audiobahn A4125HCT/2300HCT.
On MXA8001, SN Ratio is only 75db. That's pretty low for a power amp that costs $499.

Abyss_Omega
Unregistered guest
I got the speakers at future shop but i got them at cost + 10% with a 4 year otc warranty for 20 heh buddie works there I can prolly get the same with the amp

Abyss_Omega
Unregistered guest
oh whats the sn ratio mean????

Help2
Unregistered guest
it stands for "signal to noise"
Its low, but dont worry too much about that.
Looking just at numbers is why some people
buy Audiobahn equipment.
no offence Isaac.
MTX makes good amps.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 748
Hey I don't take offence to people's honest opinions. That's what makes it a great forum.
As for MTX, I have them too. Yes it's a good amp but numbers do play some role. One of them is SN ratio. Sure you can't buy an amp solely based on SN, but it's also not wise to ignore that number.
I don't know why MTX made their new amps with such low SN ratio.
And as for Audiobahn, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all of their products are great, just the ones that I actually owned and tested.
Take A4125HCT amp's spec and compare it to any brand you like. Now look at the prices. That is what I did. For the money I paid, I got good value in return.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us