Need help with new hook-up...

Username: Waylonishere

Post Number: 1
I have a 95 ford T-Bird 3.8L V6, and I just have decide to replace the factory equipment. I put in a JVC HU and I bought two 1100 watt 12" Sony XpLods, I changed the front two 6x8's in my door panels. I removed the rear panel speakers, and ran the rear speaker wires to my trunk to power my subs. I want my subs to have a seperate volume control from my front speakers, because they can't handle the bass I want to put out. so, can someone tell me waht kind of amp I should get how to hook it up, and please point out what I've done wrong so far.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 20
Put bass blockers on the front speakers

Post Number: 2
how do I do that?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 447
first u are running your subs from your headunit...thats not good for anything, you need to run your subs off an amp

Post Number: 3
Ok, so how would I hook up an AMP, because I hear that it's sometimes better to buy a battery specifically for the amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 22
An amp is hooked up by running a power cable from your battery to the amp itself. Also a ground wire to the car itself. A long RCA cable is run from the hu to the amp to get the signal. Thats very basic on how its run. Bass blockers run inline with your door speakers and just block out a certain freq.

Sam212
Unregistered guest
Hey im installing my a new head unit and when im done we cant get my subs to work because of a blue remote wire. can someone please help me fig out what i have to do next i have a amp and it was working before i changed my cd unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us