Hey Isaac!

Username: Maniac

Post Number: 4
Hey isaac I still cant find a amp to power my diamond audio subs I looked at a Audiobahn A1300HCQ that's 1200x1 at 1ohm
I've read in other posts that you have a audiobahn amp (forgot the model) And that if your going to buy audiobahn stuff you should stay with the high end stuff Like the HCT amplifiers I was wondering do you think this amp is allright for my subs Except this one is A1300HCQ Ive looked at the A1300HCT and it hs the same specs and features as the A1300HCQ Except that the HCQ is Like from 2002 And the HCT is 2003 or 2004 can't remember. Also did you ever test out the audiobahn A800T amp How'd it go. Thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 117
Isaac has A4125HCT and he says he likes it a lot. I have the A2300HCT, which's a little more powerful and I love it. I should've gotten a D class amp though. Get one of the Audiobahn's D class amps...A18001DT, it's 2400Watts RMS at 1ohm, not sure if that's too much for you. They have other less expensive class D amps as well

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 727
Hey lil, the A8002T is coming soon. Hopefully in a week.
Does A1300HCQ come with remote bass control, sub sonic filter, bass boost, Low frequency filter? The HTC models that I looked at come with those. They're very handy if you want to tailor the sound.
Audiobahn A4125HCT update, still shaking and pumping mega bass while running "warm". Probably cause of the lights on the amp. Haven't once got hot yet, even under 2ohm load. And those that cried about how much current it wastes, I can prove that even with all the bass I've cranked up, it hasn't blown a 60A fuse yet. It came close I must say, but still chugging away.

Post Number: 5
I am planning to have the amp at 1ohm to get full power but will it get hotter at 1ohm? here
are the specs:
300 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms mono
600 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms mono
1200 watts x 1 @ 1 ohm mono
Variable Phase control: 0° - 180°
Bridging Module Compatible
High Current Circuitry
PWM MOSFET Power Supply
Double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
S/N Ratio: >100dB
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40KHz (± 1dB)
Remote Bass Control with Blue Backlight Knobs
Variable 24dB Hi-pass Crossover: 50Hz - 750Hz
Variable 24dB Low-pass Crossover: 30Hz - 120Hz
Variable Subsonic Filter: 20Hz to 45Hz
Variable Bass Boost: 0-18dB
Variable Bass Boost Frequency: 40Hz-100Hz
RCA Throughput Connections
4-way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload & DC Offset
Dual Cooling Fans
Cobalt Blue Illumination
High Gloss Chrome Plated Finish
Ive heard people aways talk bad about Audiobahn butI really want to give audobahn a try. I could get this amp for $250.

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
Hey lil, that sounds exactly like A1300HCT. In fact I checked the price of A1300HCT. It is $249. Why don't you buy the HCT model? I got mine from Eclectric Mart on eBay. He's a great seller. You get 1 year warranty with it.
I only tried my amp at 2ohms. I am not sure if it'll get hot @1ohms, but at 2, it works great.
I know lots of people hate Audiobahn, but I am very certain, none of them have HCTs.
I would try first at 2ohms and see but I'm sure it'll be okay. You can ask the seller some questions reguarding 1 ohm operation.
My amp at 2ohms gives 500W rms, so far I couldn't even get close to that without damaging my car. It could be cause of my 18" sub. It weighs almost 45lbs by itself and with a box, it's 95lbs.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 118
Yup, listen to the man. I'm gving the amp no more than 50amps and if I gave it 30 more it would kill me, my car just doesn't have enough juice for it. I'm running it at 1ohm bridged and it gets a little hot on the bottom when I play it loud for about an hour, but that's only becaus it's on top of the sub box and can't disspate the heat as well on the bottom. These are great, but I still say for subs try and get the class D audiobahn. It'll hit harder I bet.

Post Number: 6
I would of got the HCT model but i checked around on internet stores and it runs about $350, I dont have a credit card or else i would of done all my car audio shopping on ebay.it's alot cheaper.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 119
you can still use ebay. You can open up a paypal account if you have a checking account. If not, pick a merchant that accepts money orders, anyone can get those. I recommend that you get the A12001DT, which about $350, but I'm sure you'll fine that even 1 A8001DT is enough. The A8001DT is avaialable at that ebay store Isaac was talking about, Electric Mart, for 290...check it out. They also accept money orders and cashier checks!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5736412394 %26%26

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
Ahh, that makes sense. electric Mart is one of the few sellers on eBay that is honest.

Post Number: 7
Hey guys I was wondering how many watts do you think it would take to break a window from your car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 735
I'm not sure, never tried to break my car. I think before that happens, you'll go deaf. Besides it's harder for bass to shatter a glass than a treble. It's the high pitch that breaks. If you have a tweeter that's 300w rms, I think you will be able to shatter a glass with a right pitch. I've seen a demo long time ago on it. The guy was able to shatter a glass but only after he found the perfect pitch.
But remember, your ear drum will go way before the glass breaks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us