Please help...is this any good?

Username: Lnkinprk777

Post Number: 1
I'm completely ignorant about car audio equipment, so I need someone's help. I am wanting to get subs and an amp for my '98 4-Runner. I already have an Alpine headset and speakers. My mom bought 2 10" type-S Alpines and a MTX MXA4002 amp (2-Channel).

Is this good? For the price of the subs and amp, did she make a good selection? We do have receipts and can take things back if she got something crappy. I was just wanting someone who knew a lot about these things to give their opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 696
Hey Eddie, that MTX amp is rated 100W x 2 @4ohms and 200W x 2 @2ohms. However, it's 4ohms bridged @ 400W x 1.
Make sure your subs are 4ohm DVC.
It should be okay for a starter system.

You might want to read up on MTX 6500D amp. It's 500W rms @2ohms and 775W rms @14.4v. It is 2 ohms rated. So your subs need to be 2ohms DVC.

Username: Lnkinprk777

Post Number: 2
Umm....on the box of the subs it says (4 ohm + 4 ohm). Not sure if thats what you're talking about. So if that means my subs are 4ohm, then I got the right kind of amp?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 699
Hey Eddie, that doesn't say much. You might have to open up the subs and take a look or look at your invoice. If possible, call the shop and ask what kind of subs it is. It's a good idea to know even for the future. Ask them if your subs are 4ohm DVC or 2 ohms DVC or 4ohms SVC.
The reason why it's important to know is so that you can maximize your amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us