3 Way component set

T.dot
Unregistered guest
I am looking to install a component set in the front of my 2001 grand am. Q logic makes a kick panel for the floor. The car takes a factory 4x6 and has a factory mount for the tweeter. SO I was thinking 6.5 in the kick panel. 4" or whatever size of mid in the factory place for the 4x6 and tweeter in the factory location. I was wondering what you guys reccomend. I am looking to spend around $500. right now I have infinity 5.25 components and i want somthing with better sq all around. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 210
For SQ less is normally best. Get a good component set and a decent amp to push it. It is also a good idea to stay away from 4/6 speakers. They have weird stress points, and do not make very good SQ speakers. I would also try to keep the tweeter close to the mid range. It will blend alot better, and won't through your sound stage way out of wack.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6103
you might find a dynaudio system 340 on ebay for that price range.. rainbow makes some low end 3 way sets that cheap too but most decent 3 way systems are about a grand and up.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2685
Maybe look into a CDT HD or Eurosport 3 way set on ebay as well.

T.Dot
Unregistered guest
So would yous suggest that I just stick with a 2 way set. I have 5.25 infinity referance components right now. It would be easy enough to just replace them. Thanks for the suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6118
I would. yes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us