Where should I place my tweeters?

Bronze Member
Username: Klone420

Post Number: 11
I have a pair of Rockford folsgate SPL-4 4x6" and i'm putting them in a 95 accord, where do u suggest I should place them. I've been doing autobody for a few years so I can do all the cutting and fiberglass work,paint,etc... this is my first&only car,so i'm using it as a "project car" but I don't want to make any cuts until the location is perfect.

P.S I've got pioneer 6.5" 4-ways in front and alpine 6x9" 3-ways in rear,and two 12" kenwood subs in trunk. also i'm open for suggestions on what&where I should put more speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 212
I wouldn't go more. When it comes to SQ less is normally better. I would swap out the pioneers in the front for a mid or high end component set (JL, Eclipse, Boston Acoustic, or Focal are some to start off looking at) and push them with a good amp. That will make the biggest diffrence in your over all sound. I would also stay away from 4/6 speakers. They are not a very good design, and typically hurt SQ not help it.

Unregistered guest
im installing MTX splits into my parcel shelf and was woundering where i should surface mount the tweeters to get the best sound quality without making up a pod ? reply to my email if possible
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us