How many dB do you consider "LOUD"???

Anonymous

i got spl checked at a shop this week and i did like 135. is this loud? what do you all consider to be loud?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
135 is really good. I wish my system hit 135 lol.

Anonymous

taylor17,

what do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 444
I like it around 145. That's pretty damn loud. Anymore is crazy i think.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
All I have is a rockford p8002 going to 2 rockford rfd2210 10 inch hx2's in a custom box under the back seat. Then I have the rockford p4004 amp going to infinity componant's. and a p pioneer head unit. I only hit around 125 lol.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
And all of that is in a chevy 1500 z71 extended cab.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6091
135-140dB is "loud" for a system.
Anything more is pretty much beyond daily driver use.. not something you want to sit in the car with to be honest.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1169
lol...one of my friends dads has a van with 3 15" RE Hc's and holy crap lol...

got it measured on a termlab mic and had 152.7 dB

thats about 4/5 volume

i never get in the van unless he tells me he wont turn it past 1/3 lol...cuz beyond that its just absolutely ouch w/o protection

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 308
50's r too loud, i agree.
you'd probably hate to be a mic monkey then.
our guy sat in all of our cars at finals because it is louder with him in it, he is large. anyways my car does 161-162 on TL. when your in there your hole body tenses up and you cant move, at all, its like yer paralized, your vision is pretty much an entire blur, you cant even swallow let alone breath. the pressure smashes your lungs and makes even your bones hurt. i dont think its good for ya. i let mike burp the car si i could hold the mic for testing on one occasion, that is the last time i do that, its so disorientating you can barely think.
to answer the original question, i'd have to agree that 140 is pretty much tops for me too, my daily driver explorer has one 10" that does 141 with a mmats d200hc, plenty loud for me.
http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventresults5.asp?Image=E6815W1M13221P9&Event_ID=6815

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 74
i find it difficult breathing with sending the 15" L7, 1000 watts rms. - i have a mk5 golf. - no idea what sorta db's i'm pushing - at least 136-138 i'd say. beyound 145 isnt plesant.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 264
Trust me, anything beyond mid 140's, our better off not having. I have never heard some hit that, but there is a reason that your not sitting in your car during the spl contests...
If u look at realm of excursion's video's, u see spl fatanics at their best. I don't wanna be sitting down in my truck, listening to my music, and my a$s is shaking so much i think i have hemerrhoids lol. So 135 is quite good my friend :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 63
150dbs thats what i get close to witha 15" brahma mk1

Anonymous

Taylor17, are those the Punch HX2's? i am planning to put two ten Punch HX2's in my ext. cab Sierra with 1000 watts to them. How do they sound? what kind of box do you have and what are the Square ft?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya they are the rfd2210 hx2's punch. They are in a custom built box. The box is sealed I think the box is close to 2cubic ft. It will get my ear drumbs raddling I only have 400 watts rms to each sub and they sound better than most system's at my school. They are good subs. What amp are you putting to them?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Do you have a system in your truck now if so what is it and I can tell you if the hx2's will be better. Also are they the new hx2's. What is the cone made of. Mine are the fiber lock cones I think they are the 2003 moddles and the new hx2's are made of aluminom.

Anonymous

I bought the 1001bd (1000x1 at 2 ohms), so the sealed box will get pretty loud, im thinking about building a second box, thats ported to just get loud, im hopin it will be one of the louder systems at my school, except this guy thats got a Z71 on 35's with 8 twelves,

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ha I got a bigger lift than him. I have a z71 with 38's I have a 13 inch lift on it. Anyway I would go with a porte box wen you turn them up they don't sound as good and a guy told me it was becus I had them in a sealed box. Another word's you should be thumpen. That guy has me beat on the system for now lol.

Anonymous

i bet your truck looks sweet, i used to have a blazer on 16/38-15 TSL's but sold it to get the rest of the money for my 2500hd,

taylor17
Unregistered guest
What year moddle is your truck. Mine is a 98 and I have also herd from a lot of people that newer chevy's hold in sound. So don't let that full you. Also they don't sound that good wen you first get them so don't be disapointed if they don't sound good. It took mine around 2 week's to break in and then it started sounding good so give them time if you get the hx2's

taylor17
Unregistered guest
That is what I have on it now tsl lol

Anonymous

My trucks a 2001 with the 496ci, i love it

taylor17
Unregistered guest
My dad has 2 of the 3500 I think, with the 496 8.1 motor and he has loved bowth of them. "Chevy for life!"

taylor17
Unregistered guest
For the hx2's you might want to look at www.sonicelectronix.com that is where I got my subs, amp's, head unit. They are the cheepist place I have found. They even have a phone number so you can talk to a real person. lol

Unregistered guest
Hey whats up im new here,ne ways c`mon guys my dogs bark is louder then 135 db, i was measured on a sound of tri state mic, and hit 150.1 decibles, with four rockford he`s (they suck) 1200 watt jbl(1200.1) AMP, STOCK BATTERY NO SPARE, and a 2 farad capacitor, i just sold my four rockfords and bought four 12" elemental design kv.2`s and im in the process of getting another 1200.1 amp and a bat cap battery, ill be pushing 300 watts per coil in a ported box tuned to 50 hertz can you say OUCH!!!!! im shooting for 155db

ENJOI 150db
Unregistered guest
as for the rockford HX2 goes they arent that great you can get more bang for you buck where i come from, i have 3 years of dealing with rockford stuff and i realized theres alot louder our there, if you want loud but cheaper go with a kicker L5 they look cool cuz their square but they are also really loud if you got the bucks go for the L7

taylor17
Unregistered guest
What about the kicker's taking a crap on everyone? And also I can't stand Kicker. It isn't becus they are a bad sub. It is becus I just don't like them. What about a different brand that is better than the hx2's I am looking to up grade but my hx2's are only around 2 month's old. It isn't becus the hx2's suck. It is becus I like a lot of base and love my ear drumb's to raddle lol.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
My hx2's where $99 a peace and I haven't herd any thing that compares to them for that price.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1183
enjoi make sure ur amps arent clipping with that much power on kv.2's...any clipping will send those little babies straight to the heap pile especially with 600w rms on each sub

and taylor, kixker makes absolutely terrific amps...i dont know why ur biased against them

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Me either but I just can't stand them. Don't mean to offend anyone who has Kicker. I think It is kind of like chevy people can't like ford's. Same way with me and Kicker. Crazy lol.

Mr. Miagi
Unregistered guest
taylor, your a dvmbass

poopdaloop
Unregistered guest
My p00p is brown......and somtimes has peanuts in it :D

ASSofBRASS
Unregistered guest
My @ss can go about 1000db i consider that loud, especialy after a curry.

KevinZA1
Unregistered guest
HIT 143.2 with my 2 Coustic 12s, running a 760w@2ohm amp. and thats legal with the seats and backboard on and the car swithed off. won the Novice class at the NASCA Sound OFF,

hit 146.8 with seats down and backboard removed, car rev@3500.
didn't win because i jumped a class with that config.
I spent just below 1 grand on my system And guys in this class had spent over 5 grands on theirs

It would have been a shame to them if I had come out in the top 3 anyway. 1st place hit 154.2 in the pro class

Built the box to spec by myself. very satisfied with the results

ENJOI 150db
Unregistered guest
hey bacon, what should i run? they are 4 ohm kv`s, and i will have another 1200.1 cuz i cant power all four properly with just one 1200.1 cuz they recommend 125 per coil, and ill have four of them

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 63
i do 150dB with 1 13w7 on a 1000/1 with an svr and two red top optimas in my 98 explorer

UmustBcrackedout
Unregistered guest
kickercomp is running jl????wtf...shouldnt you be running ummmm KICKER maybe..duh

ENJOI 150db
Unregistered guest
hey anyone out there with more experience then me, well i got my subs tonight and i went down the road and turned them up to a decent ammount trying not to mess them up since they are brand new (e design 13.k.v2), i have four of them, and a jbl 1200.1 amp, well i turned it up a lil bit and i think my amp clipped like 2 times (i think this is clipping) it kinda like sends a bad note to the sub or somthing wierd,sorta sounds like the sub bottoming out but it was def. not doing that, what could this be? it think iit might be a voltage problem, i have stock 105 amp alternator, and a 700 cold crank amp battery, no separate audio battery and a 2 farad cap. when the bass hits my headlights dim, and my cap beeps every once in a while, and my voltage on my guage cluster drops to like 10, could this be clipping or what???? help me out here,,, thanks ,,,,kyle

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 90
so youre saying that your amp is only getting 10 volts? If so i tihnk that could be a problem

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6571
yes the system is clipping at 10 volts. badly.
the capacitor is no replacement for a larger alternator, which you badly need, it would appear.
the batteries will help as well, but mostly when the engine is turned off.

read these two short pages please:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us