Connecting MP3 Player To Sony CDX-CA650X

Username: Notunes

Post Number: 1
I would like to connect my MP3 player to my Sony CDX-CA650X. I noticed that this HU has a set of RCA jacks in the back for an input signal from a CD changer. Is there any kind of adaptor available that can make these inputs available as a general auxiliary input? Or is there any easy way to get this deck to acknowledge the signal from the MP3 player? Or should I just toss the thing in the trash and get something new?

cocharoo
Unregistered guest
Same problem as connecting an MP3 player to a Sony CDX-CA650X, except I am trying to feed sound from my laptop. I have adapters for RCA output. Is there any way to use the two RCA inputs as an aux line in. Do I need a seperate remote signal or adapter?

Username: Notunes

Post Number: 3
It would seem that the problem here is the fact that these RCA inputs were made specifically for a Sony CD changer. Remember that this particular HU is a few years old. In other words, it was made before MP3 players came into vogue and back when CD changers were still something desirable. In any case, this HU has a plug on the back for the CD changer controls in addition to the RCA audio inputs. And it is my guess that one of the terminals on this plug provides some sort of remote input to tell the HU to accept an incoming signal from the audio inputs. I just don't know which one or how much voltage must be applied.

cocharoo
Unregistered guest
Thanks I had that in mind when scrolling through all menu and source options and found no line in or aux options. I traded into this HU when a friend was trading for a new vehicle. I swapped my even older but probaly still better HU into his vehicle before trading. With these unimportant details,is the reason i have no manual or info.Was really hoping i was missing a menu option. I do have some old junk cd changers I might be able to experiment with or use pigtail to hook in a trigger wire or just use the old antenna style aux input box (sucks).For any others who care i will let u know how the wire probing goes. When i smoke head unit I will need input on a good cost friendly HU with the features i am looking for.

man behind on new tech
Unregistered guest
I also know mine ,which ever exact model i have,is XM compatible if i knew how that wired in it may help me know how the unit accepts its BUS inputs.i am thinking of getting XM anyway and would like to know different ways it ties in so i will know what to look for. I have already priced some used ones but afraid to buy and subscribe until I know if I can even use or get it activated???? please help with any of above msgs.
have no idea about any thing XM trying to find good website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us