Audiobahn ALUM12Q

Username: Brett2387

Burlington, WI United States

Post Number: 1
I'm going to install one Audiobahn ALUM12Q sub. 1000 watt RMS and 2000 watt MAX. What amplifier would be best?

I have another question...why is there high pitched buzzing sound when I turn the gain up on the amp and gets louder as I accelerate?

I need advice please...

Username: Djeter108

USA

Post Number: 3
leave the gain down. no more than half way. you'll mess ur subs. trust me

Post Number: 2
I dont have the sub installed yet...the buzzing comes from the speakers. but does anyone know what amplifier i should buy for the ALUM12Q?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 632
Hey Brett, the amp will depend on your budget. Read one of my posts on here. I listed some examples of the amps for your sub.
The buzzing noise is from your rca cables being too close to the power wires or you have a bad ground cable.
To fix it, make clean ground wire to car's chassis. Use shielded directional rca cable for the amps.
In case you can't find the post, try RF/Kicker/JL/JBL/Audiobahn 4125HCT/2300HCT/MTX etc.

Post Number: 3
How far apart should the RCA cables be from the power wires? I have Tsunami twisted RCA cables to the amp i have now. Are those good enough?

Post Number: 4
Would an Audiobahn A1300HCT or A1500HCT be good?
I was also looking at Kicker...what amps are good from Kicker?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 640
Hey Brett, you'll know soon enough if your rca cables are good. If you hear any engine/power noise in your speakers, it means you need to get shielded directional rca cable.
Run the cables on the opposite sides of your car. If your battery is on your right, then rca on your left and vise versa.
Audiobahn A4125HCT and 2300HCT are the only 2 models that's been tested. If you're looking at Kicker, try KX600.1, and KX1200.1 amps. RF also makes similar amps too, RF T10001BD.

Bronze Member
Username: Taylornuts

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 19
Hey Brett try and make your ground closer to your amp I think 18 inches or less it might take car of that noise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us