My new system!!

Username: Eric77

Post Number: 2
just ordered an elemental designs NINe.1 amp for $250 thanks to a huge discount from ED and in a couple of hours I am picking up two diamond M6mkII 10d4 woofers, which I got for 350. I still am not sure on what I am going to do for a box seeing as how I am driving my sister's car, which she might take back in a month. I was going to go with a really cool downfiring box with plexiglass and neon or led lights wrapped in some synthetic suede to match the interior. It would look like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/eric77/downfirintriangle.jpg
Do you think I could build this the same way I planned, but instead of doing plexiglass in front which is VERY expensive just do another piece of MDF, then if I find out that im going to have the car longer, replace the mdf with plexi? Do you think a 4 guage amp kit would be enough? The amp is about 1400w rms.

One more quick question: Do you think 1.0 ft^3 for each chamber would be good. I am really looking for a sql setup. I want to be able to play classic rock well and rap loud and low as well. Here is the information for the sub:
SPL 1w/1m(dB) 84
Qes .56
Qts .49
Fs(hz) 40
Vas (L) 12.3
Cms (mm/N) .088
Mms (g) 181
Sd (m^2) .0316
BL (T-M) 24.9
Re 6
Xmax (mm) 18.3
Thanks,
Eric

Username: Eric77

Post Number: 6
just got an idea. How do you think this system would sound if I were to have the subs firing from the angled top panels? I was just thinking that this would look much better if I didnt add the plexi and even if I do it would still look pretty good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us