Question about mmats amp and sub wiring

Username: Lexmaster

Post Number: 1
I have a mmats class d 700.2 amp and a mmats 12" pro-cast 4 ohm 700 rms sub. The amp as 2 channels and the sub has dual voice coils. Both coils at 4 ohms each. How do I wire this sub to the amp and get the optimum power. Please explain with step-by-step instructions. Please helppp

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 279
actually lex, this is a mono amp. it has only one channel. i know it has two speakers outputs but they're actually connected together inside the amp to just one channel. you wont be able to run this amp at its full potential because with your subs you can only run 1 ohm or 4 ohm mono load. your amp is 2 ohm stable.
but........however, i would try to run it at 1 ohm mono. this is very simple, connct all the positve leads together from each speaker then to the amps positive speaker output, and do the same with all the negatives. this is called parallel. you will be running a 1 ohm load, lower than what the amp is rated at but i have been runnning mmats amps since the 90's:-) and i've ran them lower than rated, sooo.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
i should tell you, when first testing roll up your volume to make sure this impedance works. if the amp shuts off, this means the ohm load is to low for it to run, this is the protection circuit turning on. if it does shut down, which i'm sure it won't, you should unhook the subs and rewire them to a 4ohm mono load. its worth the try so go for it, mmats have a kick azz protection circuit so it won't hurt to try this 1 ohm load. i run my 1 ohm stable d200hc at .67 ohms in my explorer all day without any probs.
hope this helps

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
ttt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us