I just finished installing a brand new Sony Xplode 500w amp in a 2000 Nissan Xterra for the 2nd time (running all new wires) and the light comes on when power is turned on to the amp but it's red not green like it should. I returned the other amp and installed the 2nd one today with an all new wiring kit. Does anyone have any idea why it the light is red not green and not working? Could it be that I dont have enough volts from my car battery? Please help it's getting annoying.
Your battery is not the problem. ANY battery would have enough for that amp. Did you add a fuse right next to the battery? Are the fuses on the amp ok? Did you remember to disconnect the ground first and reconnect last? Otherwise, amp may be blown. If I were you I'd return it and get something else. I bet the amp is only 2ohm stable, make sure your subs aren't wired at 1ohm. If you connected the ground before the power, the amp may've been blown when you connected the power.