Help Rockford Amplifier for Type R Sub !

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 26
i have 2 alpine 1241d's new they handle 300 watts RMS
i just bought a rf ( 600.4 )4 channel amplifier. I will bridge it so that i can get 300 watts rms. X 2 @ 4 ohm. will the fact that it is a 4 channel amp affect my performance. also will it explode my subwoofers when i put bass boost. or should i get the 500.2/ 501s model ? help me.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 54
Always a good idea to get class D mono amps, they draw a lot less current than other amps.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 29
will that prevent clipping. ?

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 313
A class D amp will power your subs while running cooler, putting out less distortion, and with much less current draw. You can still clip subs even if you have the right equipment but failed to configure your hardware correctly.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 63
Clipping is essentially when your amp needs more power than what the electrical system can provide. Especially if you have the stock charging system class D is the way to go. When your amps is trying to produce more power than what's actually getting, it starts to produce lots of distortion, which causes your sub to bottom out. That will kill sooo fast you'll be amazed. D class will definitely clip less than AB or A class amps.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 32
i heard that it doesnt matter if it is a CLASS A,B amp as long as you lower your amp gains. Is that true.???

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 74
No, it's not. Gain in not a volume control. It's only used to match signal strength from your headunit. Gains are to be set once and left alone! Besides, lowering gains somewhat lower the volume, since you get less signal. So go with what I said, you won't be sorry.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 33
Oleg your are right i called senor stereo here in miami and they said the same thing you said. i guess ill buy the 500s 2 channel rockford fosgate class(( D ))amp. i guess 4 channel will f*ck up my Type R Subs.

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 164
I have a fosgate 800 watt rms amp running my two type r 12's. They are taking it pretty good actually. So yours won't blow. Just watch your gain.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 81
It won't f*** it up, just will drain your charging system more.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 35
ok so should i get the 600.4 amp which in bridged mode will give me 300 watts rms x2 @ 4 ohms to both subs which are type r 4+4 ohm dvc

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 87
OK dude! You asked for advice and then you said I was right, then you're still gonna do otherwise. Your choice...go ahead.

Bronze Member
Username: Fosgatemonsterz

San Lorenzo, California USA

Post Number: 36
Hey dude, Get the Rockford Fosgate 501S AMP. Its 500W RMS and it awesome. I got it hooked up to my Polk Momo MM12 500W RMS subwoofer and it bangs!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us