Newbie - Need Help setting up Alpine 9835

Username: Rfhoward

Milford, NH

Post Number: 1
I have been reading threads over the last few weeks but I am not sure how to set this up correctly. I am new to car audio and with a baby on the way I can not afford to give up the space in my 2005 Altima for a subwoofer and because of expenses I had to go with Infinity Reference speakers for now.

I have set up the time correction for the car and it sounds good but some songs on a CD sound great and others flat. I go through the manual and ipersonalize and I do not understand wether I should use the crossover feature, bass focus or what is 2 way or 3 way? Just trying to get the best sound I can and I would be indebted for any help / guidance in what to do or what the settings can control.

Thanks in advance!!

Bob
Setup:
Alpine 9835 HU and Infinity Reference 6002si in the front and Infinty referemce 9602i

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 66
What kinds of song sound flat? and what is flat to you? Powering the speakers by the headunit, you cannot expect great quality. Deck will only put out 20watts RMS and if you try to get more you'll get distortion. 2-way means you have 1 midwoofer and 1 tweeter. 3-way means 1 midwoofer and 2 tweeters. Those infinities are probably 2-way. You're probably are going to get no bass, I'm sure you have already found that out. Get an external amplifier and it'll make it sound fuller and crisper, as for bass...those drivers I don't think deliver it.

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 24
Hi Rob, Oleg,

I agree with Oleg, you can't expect miracles from the head unit if your using it to drive the speakers, but having said that Oleg is underestimating th CDA 9835, its an awesome unit and puts out a deadset 36 watts RMS to each channel, great for a headunit. But he is still right - with the speakers that you have a nice amp to drive them would go along way. PS - I own one of those units so I speak from experience :-)

Cheers Glenn

Milford, NH

Post Number: 2
Thanks Glenn & Oleg!

Do you have a suggestion on a good amp that would help drive this unit?

Bob

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 93
The speakers don't require a lot of power. Check out some 4 channel alpines or MTX's.

Milford, NH

Post Number: 3
Thanks Oleg!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us