Help with purchasing amps...please!

Username: Corey01

Post Number: 1
hey everyone, i just bought 2 Audiobahn DUB500 Series 15" subwoofers..Peak Handling: 3,200 watts approx. Per Pair / 1,600 watts approx. Each Sub
RMS (Continuous): 1,600 watts Per Pair / 800 watts Each Sub
2 ohm or 8 ohm operation
(i just noticed everyone posting the info about their subs so i did too lol) Aight anyways, i need to get an amp now and i am new to all this so i have no idea what to get..My friend told me I need to get an amp that can supply 3200 watts of power (equal to the ammount of the subs combined) So i've been looking on ebay for amps of this power..is it ok to by one 2 channel 4000 watt amp, or two 1 channel 1600 watt amps? I really have no idea, and i dont understand all the ohm stuff. Pleaase someone help me lol.

Azzhole
Unregistered guest
You want to match RMS numbers, not peak.
but I wouldnt put 800wRMS on those subs.
Look for a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1
a JBL 1200.1
Hifonics Brutus 1500
or an eD NINe.1
anything around 1200-1500 watts x1 @ 1 ohm will be enough.
wired in parallel for a 1 ohm load.

Post Number: 2
ok thanks a lot..but just wandering..would it be bad or even like possible to put an Audiobanh A8000T 1600 Watt Mono 1Channel Amp on those subs? Because im just looking on ebay and its a reasonable price and it would be nice to keep the same brand for the subs and amp. I don't have to get two amps right?

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
"would be nice to keep same brand amps as sub"
Ah....maybe if you're talking Alpine.

I like Azz's recommendation on that Hifonics. These things are built very well, have huge power supplies and can drive nicely. Audiobahn just isn't quality electronics.

Post Number: 3
k thanks a lot guys

Post Number: 4
wait I have one last question...even though the amp is a mono channel amp..i can still hook up two subs to it and get their full potential right?

Help2
Unregistered guest
Yeah man.
You connect both subs to one channel.
Its called "parallel" wiring

amp positive--------------sub 1 positive------sub 2 positive

amp negative--------------sub 1 negative------sub 2 negative

the dashes are the wire :-)

Help2
Unregistered guest
oops...I f'ed up
I forgot they were DVCs.
Just use option #1 on this page.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=22&image.y=7&image=Submit
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us