Kicker

Bronze Member
Username: Johnts

Post Number: 11
what db do you thank a 15 inch kicker l7 in super bass box from this site www.proboxrocks.com with 1800 rms running to it hit at the dash i drive a 95 caddilac sedan deville

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 68
1800 rms is a bit much for an L7.

no way of tellin db - too many things to take into account.

addicted2bass828
Unregistered guest
i know the 15 L7 rms is 1000rms 2000peak, u could run a 1800 rms amp to it as long as you are listening to the sub for distorting. IF it starts to distort back off a little bit. And you could use the 1800 watt rms when you get it metered for burps

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 270
Thats really overdriving that sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 99
this is exactly why L7s have a bad reputation for reliability.

for some reason, people think they can exceed the power ratings on an L7 without worry. then, when the woofer blows, they blame it on kicker for building a bad sub.

1000 wrms means 1000 wrms - not 1400, 1600, or 1800. why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 69
the alpine mrd 1001 i'm gettin next week to power my L7 will have 1150 ish rms - should be ok tho - (i hope!)

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 118
you can always turn down the settings on the amp and run it below the amps rms

Bronze Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 100
yeah, but do you really know how much power is getting to the sub? are your amp's gains measured in watt increments? mine aren't.

also, why would you want to pay for an 1800 watt amp and only use just over half it's potential?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 126
true, if you use all the power and the sub cant take it then its going to blow. 1800 is a lot of power to be running to an L7, and it will get messed up. i would just buy another L7 and run two on the same amp. why would get and 1800 watt amp if you only need half? congrats on becomiing a silver member Aaron

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 112
Thats hard to tell. The cadillacs have alot of stuff between the trunk and front. 135-140 maybe?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us