Sheer Power

Username: Siner1227

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to find a somewhat cheap ($500-$900) amp with alot of power.For me it doesen't really matter how much noise it makes or how clear the sound is I just want the most powerful amp for a reasonable price.What models do u suggest.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 256
Wow $500 to $900 for an amp is not cheap lol. That leaves alot of possibilities. I always look for the sub first then find an amp to match, unless you already have some subs in mind. If so let us know. There are alot of brands out. But off the top of my head the JL audio 1000/1 will hold damn near every load you can give it from I believe 0.5 to 4 ohms, your looking at like a $610 to $650 price tag. But let us know what subs your using so we can be specific.

Post Number: 3
I'm looking at getting either 2 Power Acoustik FUBR-12 or 2 Audiobahn AW1200Q. Do u think these are any good? If not what what would be better for arround the same prices as these.

Post Number: 4
What other good amps are available for a little cheaper($400-$600).

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 276
ummm...
those wouldnt be my first choice when it come to subs.

if you looking to get a really big amp, you'll need a high output alternator as well.

how much money do you have to work with? (for the whole system)

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 262
For subs go to www.adireaudio.com check out these subs called the shiva they are $125 just a lil more than what you were going to pay for the other subs

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6000
honestly I think both of those subs suck. You also won't need more than 500 watts each for them either.
Joseph, $900 isn't "cheap" for an amp, no, but it is reasonable. That's still far below the cost of a number of higher end companies like Brax and Tru.

If you want good ubs for SQ and SPL combined, look at two RE triple X fifteens.
for SPL only look at the RE MT subs
www.reaudio.com
Once you choose subs, then look for an amp to drive them, knowing the power you'll need.

PS, this should make my 6000th post in 12 months.
wow.. not bad. heh

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 277
congrads glass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us