Blown rear speaker

Unregistered guest
Hello. I'm a total rookie at these kinds of things, but my older brother has a 1993 Honda Accord LX with the factory tape deck and speakers. The two front speakers are working fine, along with the left rear speaker. However, the right speaker seems to be dead. Right before the left rear speaker "died", it was fluctuating from sound to no sound. My brother has a knack for playing music loud, and I suspect that's the reason why. But, if it's for any other reason, can anyone help me? Help will be greatly appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5993
could be blown speakers, or could be a failed amplifier circuit in the tape deck

Unregistered guest
Thanks GlassWolf for the info. Where's the amplifier circuit situated at, and where can I buy one? (I forgot to mention in my last post that there's a metal antenna outside my car situated basically behind the "dead" speaker that makes an awful creaking sound when I turn the car on on or off as it elevates upward or downward.) Do you think this antenna has to do something with the problem, GlassWolf? Thanks a bunch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us