Good amp for less than $250 power 600 X 1

need_amp
Unregistered guest
i am looking for an amp with 600 X 1 rms at 2 ohm. could be 500 to 650 rms range please.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 251
go to www.cardomain.com an look at he jbl bp600.1 You will get a good amp and it runs for like 150

need_amp
Unregistered guest
wow, amp looks sweet and perfect power. nice.. if anyone has this amp or know how it is(review) let me know. pros and cons. i would probably buy it on monday. thanks joseph.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5975
the JBL is a great amp for the money.
only two things to note:
no subsonic filter so if you use a ported box, you'll need to add an RCA level filter from partsexpress (FMOD 20Hz high pass filter) for about $25
secondly, you may want to buy two RCA Y-splitters (2M-1F) because the JBL amps offer 4 RCA inputs on the mono amps, and sending signal to all 4 inputs increases the output of the amp noticeably for some reason. It's just a little trick with those amps that helps them hit a little harder.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5976
PS knukonceptz.com has the Y splitters in their interconnect section for about $3 each
cheap tricks there.

need_amp
Unregistered guest
i have subs in sealed so i don't have to worry about subsonic filter(right?). i will buy the y splitter. just to make sure, i have 1 (sub)output coming from headunit, 1 left 1 right. now, i will connect y splitter to (for example) left so now i have 2 left connecter.now,(my question is) do i connect 2 left to 2 left input on amp or 2 left to L and R inputs on amp? i would follow the same for right. thanks glasswolf.

need_amp
Unregistered guest
sorry guys, i had to bring this thread again. cardomain has ranout of jbl bp 600. i saw it on sunday and on monday it's all gone. feel like an idiat...anyway, i need a class D 600 X 1 at 2 ohm amp under $200 bucks. thnks

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 622
Hey try other places, I'm sure they have it. Cardomain.com is not the only vendor.
MTX 6500D is a powerful amp at a cheap price. Look it up on google.

need_amp
Unregistered guest
thanks issac for u r help. now u tell me what should i get and also which one is most efficiant,good sq, and reliable in long run:

1. Rockford Fosgate 500BD $218.00

2. MTX 6500 D $160.

3. Audiobahn a8000t $201.90

thanks bro.

need_amp
Unregistered guest
forgot the 4th one
4. pioneer GM-D510M $186.00
all class D's

Silver Member

Post Number: 650
Hey you have them in the correct order. Use that as your guide.
The MTX 6500D was on eBay lastnight starting off at $10.

need_amp
Unregistered guest
issac thanks. i am looking on ebay everyday to get a deal. i assuming it's efficiant for my car.do u know the fuse rating for this amp? thanks.

need_amp
Unregistered guest
i forgot to mention the amp MTX 6500D.

Silver Member

Post Number: 691
The fuse on the amp is 75A (25A x 3).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us