Who has a loud system, post your score here

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 245
i want to see if anyone in here has a loud system, one that has been metered preferably.
mine is pretty loud

Bronze Member
Username: Philberg

Birmingham, AL United States

Post Number: 21
what do you have

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
4 DD9512's and 4 MMats 3000.05's, 4 50farad caps, 5 yellowtop Optimas, and a wholelotta 0 gauge.

Anonymous

do yellow tops gvie your car 14 volts or what ever most amps are rated at if not how do i get my amp to put out its true 14 volt rating if my car is only 12 volts.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5965
I haven't gotten the Dodge metered yet.
I'll let ya know when I eventuyally do, zac. It'll probably be this Spring, after I rebuild the motor and trans for the car.
You already know the system though.

How's the CRX? Getting it rebuilt?
Any luck catching the punks?

Anonymous

Annonymous. Your car will get 14 volts when it is running, 12 when it is off. At least that is what I measured at the battery posts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
hi glass, yes i rebuit it, just in time for world finals. i made it there , won first, and set the new world record. i did some research and found out who it was that broke in but the police dont seem to be doin much. i guess they need to catch them red handed or they wont do anything, its pretty sad. i even had a person meet us at the shop with two amps of mine that he bought from the theives and he even made a statement of who he got them from, the amps even had finger prints smeared all over them and they still have done nothing, i mean come on, i already did all the investigating and even collected evidence and statements for them, the least they could do is, well....somethin, at least call me and pretend they are looking for them, i even got the address of where they live for the police. ahhh, i'm gettin aggravated so i better settle down, i just cant believe the police arent doing anything, i know if it was their home or squad car that was ripped off they would be bustin the balls of every suspect within ten yards. oh well, a better alarm system, insurance and some steel bars should prevent this from happening again so i better quit whining and start preventing

Anonymous

sounds like those pigs are investigating who stole the last jelly donut

Bronze Member
Username: Napalmz

MIDWEST

Post Number: 52
hmm set the new world record...in what??? i would like to see the record itself..do you have a link??

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 53
and isnt 200 farad's a lil overkill?? 20 farad is good for 20,000 watts and I dont think 4 DD's is pushin 20,000 watts..:-)

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 54
200 farad's..hmm thats seems like an overkill man...20 farad will cover 20,000 watts,Im not so sure that those 4 12" DD's will push 20,000 watts

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 55
wtf blah on tha 2 posts :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
actually i'm drawing over 800 amps in this system right now. your info is correct if going by the local best buy salesman that wants to sell you a cap, however in the real world there is a high demand for power in spl vehicles. the more capacitence you can store the better. remember i'm not driving around streat beatin, these are only 3 second burps at around 15000watts rms. heres the deal, my class is 901-1800 superstock. this class in my opinion is the most competitive.
#1 you cannot modify the car at all, must remain stock
#2 this class you may not have more than 4 amps total,the next class it is unlimited.
#3 no walls, and all equipment must be in the cargo area and behind the b-pillar, and below all window lines.
all these rules limit competitors to have an efficient system and still maintaining a stock vehicle. the next class above this one is 1801+ superstock, this means you can have as many amps as you want any unlimited amount of power.
i'm sure your asking "then how is it you have 15000watts?" well, its simple really, usaci goes by what the amp puts out at 4 ohms
ok....remember i can only use 4 amps and totaled they cannot exceed 1800 watts
.5 = 2500
1 = 1250
2 = 625
4 = 312.5
so 312.5 by 4 = 1250watts
well within 901-1800 watts
i'm competing in super modified next year, although the level of competition is just as hard as super stock, the #'s are much higher.
i'll be doin 170's in a few months.
always remember you shouldnt show them your full potentional in competition, just enough to win.
(btw, my amps burp at 1/4 ohm:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Skrilluh

Post Number: 33
138.8 , 150.2 in port , Its not much but it keeps me smiling I guess. 1/4 ohm . . . thats wild!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us