Dumb question, but is this a good amp kit?

Username: Ealvarez

Post Number: 8
ok ive got a 2 channel 600 watt kenwood amp, now im looking into getting an amp kit to wire everything up.

just wondering if the following is good for an amp kit i saw

18 FT 10AWG POWER CABLE
4 FT 10 AWG GROUND CABLE
18 FT 18AWG REMOTE TURN-ON WIRE
20 FT 18AWG SPEAKER WIRE
15 FT SPIRAL SHIELDED RCA CABLE
6 FT SPLIT LOOM TUBE

ACCESSORIES:
1 PC ATC IN-LINE FUSE HOLDER
1 PC ATC FUSE, 30 AMPS
2 PCS RING TERMINALS
7 PCS SPADE TERMINALS
10 PCS 4" CABLE TIES, BLACK
2 PCS BUTT CONNECTORS
3 PCS SCREWS
1 PC SNAP BUSHIN

amp is 100w RMS

im totally new to buying this stuff. ive wired up amps plenty of times, just never bought any of it. lol. they just give me the supplies and i go from there, hehe. ive always enjoyed messing with electronics. hehe. i know about enough to not blow myself up. hehe. i just dont want my wires to start burning up after a week of usage

Post Number: 9
oh yeah. forgot to add. i would like to be able to turn the amp off and on via a switch, i already have the switch and stuff. but should that be installed on the remore turn on wire or the power cable

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 240
I would go down to atleast 4 awg just incase you ever want to uprade the amp. Try putting the fuse on remote wire.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 488
Whoa, what do you mean a fuse on the remote wire? I think you might've made a mistake.
Hey Ernesto, 10gauge is not enough for your amp. You need at least 8gauge, 4 is even better. Why don't you try walmart? They sell the kits really cheap. Their rca cables are useless though.
The amp SHOULD be connected to the remote wire from the HU. If you try and use a manual switch, chances are you might forget to turn it off and drain the battery.

Post Number: 10
ok cool. was just wondering cause ive seen some on ebay like that for crazy prizes. lol just wanted to make sure i get the right stuff. i know the lower the guage number the better so before i buy something wrong i want to make sure itll work for the amp.

im deffinitely gonna look for some 4 guage wiring.

no walmarts near me, atleast not any that im aware of lol. i know home depot carries alot of electrical supplies i may end up going that route and go DIY :-) maybe itll be cheaper. amp kits are outrageously overpriced around here. all your really paying for is the brand, the wiring isnt that expensive

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 492
Hey Ernesto, if you're going the Home Depot route, then you'll need to remember that the power wire needs a fuse near the battery, the ground wire has to be less than 3', and you'll need shielded directional rca cables.
I find that Home Depot's wires are hard/stiff. You might have a hard time trying to bend it into shape especially when connecting it to a capacitor or the amp. The kits you can buy come with soft wires (bends easily and remains flexible).
On eBay, you should be able to find kits around $20 -$40.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ah ok. ill keep looking around. thanks for the info and the help

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 247
Thanks Isaac I did make a mistake there lol, still feeling the effects of the turkey lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us