What amp should I get?

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin_9

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 11
I have two 12" Kicker CompVR 03CVR124 subs, rated for 400 watts rms. I need to know what amp should I get to power both of these subs. The subs are dual 4 ohms. So if you can help me find a decent amp to power these two subs I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

lalalala
Unregistered guest
get audiobahn a8000t which is 800 rms. will push these two with 400 rms and it will cost you around $150 + shipping from ebay.

Bronze Member

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 12
Thanks I dont have an ebay acount but it looks like a decent amp. It's 800 rms x 1 so do I parallel wire the subs so they are like a single load on the amp?

lalalala
Unregistered guest
ok, this amp is 800 rms X 1 at 2ohm. so, call the kicker technical support and ask them if these subs in parallal will give you 2ohm. that's it. http://www.kicker.com/Contacts.cfm.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 490
Hey Dustin, your 2 subs will either give you 1ohms, 4ohms or 8ohms depending on your wiring configuration.

Bronze Member

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 13
what way would you suggest to wire it?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 493
That'll depend on the amp. If it supports 1ohms, then connect each speakers in parallel to itself. That is, pos to pos and neg to neg per coil. This will give you 2ohms per sub. Now connect them in parallel again, pos to pos and neg to neg. Now connect pos and neg to the amp's speaker terminal.
If your amp only supports 4ohms then at the final stage, instead of wiring the 2 subs in parallel, you connect them in series (one pos to the other speaker's neg). This will turn 2ohms into 4ohms.
Hope that helps you.

Bronze Member

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 14
that's exactly what i needed, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us