Question

Bronze Member
Username: Nysteelers

Post Number: 71
hey, i got 1 question. how much would a moderate set of component speakers and an amp add to my already dimming lights. im running 2 12" kicker L7s with a hifonics 1500D amp in my nissan pathfinder, and my lights dim a little. i would need to add components and a separate amp, but how much more, if any, would my lights dim. oh and i dont have money for a HO alternator

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 465
Hey guy, I'd invest on the HO alternator first. If your lights are dimming now it'll get worse as you crank up the volume. Last thing you want is a dead alternator in winter or on a trip.
To answer your question, adding component speakers won't have much effect on your alternator but an extra amp surely will. It might be the last straw that breaks it.
If you really must get a 2nd amp, then do use self control and keep the volume low till you get HO alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
ok thanks, but i cant get a Ho alternator b/c im basically broke lol, but if i just replaced the speakers in the doors (not a component set) wold this dim my lights more, and how much of an upgrade would it be over my cars stock speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 469
Nah, the light problem will be the same. However, if you put in a good quality sound, it will sound better. You have to remember, most of the stock speakers are very low end. Almost anything will be an improvement.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
ok thanks alot isaac
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us