Seeking some help with car-speakers

Unregistered guest
I've got a hook-up for some Infinity (Harman-Kardon) stuff, and want to know what to get. I enjoy rap music as well as others like dave matthews and some country too. i would like something that produces good bass, but not overpowering. What I am thinking is for the front-KAPPA PERFECT 6.1 component 6-1/2" system (RMS:400w, Freq resp: 75hz-23k, Impedance:4ohm), and for the back-KAPPA 63.5i 6-1/2" 3-way (RMS: 225w, freq resp:45hz-22k, Imp:4ohm)...i know a bit about speakers, but want some advice. will these guys be good enough for decent bass quality w/o a sub? should i get a sub? which one (infinity)? and how much wattage will i need to get from an amp?

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Always start your system with a sub and work backwords. The sub makes the single most difference out of anything you can buy. You can get a sweet JL 6V2 10'' for $400 or even MTX or Polk Momo. Or you can get an Infinity Basslink for $350, self powered, and hook it up to your speakers.

Unregistered guest
incase it makes a difference, I have a Honda CRV. I've noticed alot on here about rear speakers, are the kappa 63.5i 3-way going to stand above something else that much, or will a lesser kappa (or another type or infinity) be better for me? what is the difference between 2-way/3-way?

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Splash***I've worked on a CRV.
Swap out the fronts, ignore the rears, add an amp 300X4, add a 10'' Polk Momo sub with small enclosure. Drive the front doors with the front 2 amp channels and the sub with the back two. Use high-end no frills amp like a JL 300-4. Your out the door price with quality components such as MB Quarts (or) CDT (or) Focal will be:

Polk Momo 10'' sub: $200
Sub Enclosure: $75
JL Stealth Amp: $400
Great door components: $200-$300
Install: $400
Head Unit? >????? Add if you want one
-------------------------------
$1300
BEST CASH YOU CAN SPEND, DUDE.
If you go the $700 route at Best Buy using Audiobahn, Sony, etc., you'll be wishing you spent that extra cash. AGAIN...Ignore the rears OR buy some $50 cheapies. LATER
LATER.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2660
The JL 300/4 only produces 150W on the rear channel when it is bridged, it's because it's regulated. If you want enough power for a sub, you'll have to get an amplifier that isn't regulated to maintain the same output regardless of impedance. A Kicker 650.4 or 850.4 would be a better match.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us