Config For My three twelve in type rs

Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 1
I have Three Alpine Twelve Inch Type R's. I want to know what you think I should buy for an amp. Also the best way to wire it. Oh yeah... I have a 2000 Dodge Durango. The third row seat is down so I have all that space to use!!! Any ideas for an enclosure?? I just want the best sound and looks. I currently have a couple crappy AudioBahns in a sealed boxed. Cant wait to get rid of them! If any of you have pictures or ideas of what I can do just let me know!!!! Thanks for your help!

Post Number: 4
Oh yeah, I listen to mainly metal/rock. My wife listens to rap. So I need the setup to be broad for all types of music.

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 87
http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp this will show you how to wire them. a sealed box would be better for your music, so i would go with a sealed. the bass will not be as loud, but it will sound good. as for an amp i dont know much about them, but i know kicker, jbl, us amps zapco, re, they all make good amps, check out the amp part in the forum your sure to find plenty, also do some research on the web

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 298
The Alpine V12 MRD-M1001 @ 14.4 Volts will give you all the power you need in a s3xy awesome package; get three DVD 4 ohm Rs and wire the coils on each in series then parallel to the amp for a 2.6 ohm load.

*This setup will HIT and look niccceee!

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the advice. I want to keep it straight alpine though. Believe me I have been looking online alot... I have had quite a few systems I just want to do this one perfect.

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
The V12 amp is incredible...

Post Number: 7
Thanx Damien!!! I was looking at that Amp!!!!!! Thanks to everyone for all the help!!!!!

Post Number: 8
Only question now is the enclosure...I have alot of room. And want to make A real nice enclosure.... Or buy one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
DVC* (above) heh... :-)

If you have the money or can do it yourself go custom built!! Id invest in a nice HO alternator & a decent capacitor as well.

Post Number: 10
I want to go custom. I do want a capacitor but not sure how many farads I should get. How about a battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
A 3 farad capacitor and a yellow top battery will be fine, but upgrade that alternator first!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Is there a site online or a part store would suffice???

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 284
for the alt. try mr.alternator.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks for everyones help!!! Now I am planning to make a custom box! I will let yall know how well that works.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks for everyones help!!! Now I am planning to make a custom box! I will let yall know how well that works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us