Single Gain Control

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Post Number: 16
the amps i have been looking at buying do not have remote gain control. however, i would very much like be able to turn down/off my sub. i was wondering if there is such thing as a single preamp in/out control that allows you to adjust the gain. the Orion 300PRQ(this is a picture of it on Glasswolf's site: www.wickedcases.com/jeep/system.jpg) is what i'm looking for but with three in/outs. Do they make any with just a single in/out? I figure it would be cheaper than a 3 in/out. I have the Alpine CDA9827 and it has all the EQ and Crossover controls that i need. Would like a simple single knob to turn down my bass though. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5919
look at kicker, audiocontrol, etc.. at pre-amps or at half-DIN EQs for in-dash.
most have subwoofer on/off and level control as well as a fader and balance, and EQ controls..
then you use the EQ or Preamp for everything but main volume, or with a preamp, even for volume too.
your head unit really only needs one set of full range pre-outs then

remoteknob
Unregistered guest
Zapco reference series 500.1 1100.1 and 1000.4 amps offer DBC(Dynamic Bass Control)a remote knob and mount for bass equalization from the dash

Username: Ohwolfie

Atlanta, Ga. USA

Post Number: 2
Hey GlassWolf, would me having an EQ, Line Driver, and crossover be too much in one car? I'm installing four Audiofonic 12's, an Autotek MX-1500, and a simple JVC KD-LH300 radio (I think that's the model number).
I also want to know what kind of EQ, Line Driver, and crossover should I run that has more output volts and performs much better than a Kennwood 4042.

(The only reason I chose this particular eq was because I've seen it in action and I now have personal experience on how it works.)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8170
look at www.audiocontrol.com in their mobile audio section
you can find EQs and XOs with the line driver built in already.
AC makes pretty much some of the best stuff you'll find for the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us