Hey Glass and other gurus - Rear Fill?

Username: Jwbulger79

Post Number: 9
I'm planning out my new system and I think I've narrowed it down to this (in order of purchasing):

1. Alpine 9827 Head Unit
2. Alpine SPR-176A 6.5" components (also looking at a set of low end JL's(TR650-CS1), Focals(165A), or Orions(C6.2)-any suggestions greatly appreciated).
3. 4 Channel amp and 10" Sub(Alpine SWS-1022D). For amps I was looking at 50 to 80W RMS, brands include Orion, Soundtream, U.S. Acoustics, Kicker, and Eclipse(trying to find one on eBay for under $150 - any suggestions?)

M question is this: My first purchase is the HU and Components. I already have some low end Polk 6X9's in the back seat of my SUV - Should I use them? Would it be better to power only the components with the HU(can I bridge front and rear?), or to have the 6x9's in the back and the Components up front all powered with 18watts RMS each? Eventually I will power the components with the front channels of the 4 channel amp and bridge the rear channels of the amp to the 10" Alpine sub. At that point should I use the 6x9's for rear fill powered by the head unit for the back seat passengers of my SUV, or should I just scrap them? They are already installed and I'm missing one of the grills so I don't think I could get much on ebay, but I dont want to use them if they will just mess up the sound. Any suggestions or opinions from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 10
oh yeah, I'm going for SQ. Not really worried about blowing the doors off, just want crystal clear sound for all types of music. I'm also putting Peel-n-Seal throughout the entire inside. Am I headed in the right direction in terms of brands and models for good SQ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5928
comps: focal, cdt, dls, crystal
amps: eclipse

power all four speakers with the head unit for now.
switch to an amp when you get one.
no, can't bridge a head unit.

the rest sounds good so far

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
how about the Crystal CPE60t's? looks like i can pick them up for under $100. i guess that's probably their low end line, but would it still be "better" sounding than Alpine Type-R's? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5932
subjective. you should audition them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us