Need Opinion

Username: Araknid

Post Number: 6
I was thinking of buying 2 MTX RFL152 15's that can handle 4000 watts each. I was wonderin if using 1 BOSS 4000 watt amp bridged on 1 speaker and another 1 for the other speaker, would that be a good idea and how would it sound?

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 198
bad idea boss is crap.! and the sub will sound like crap.! if u want that sub to sound decent buy a JBL amp or a MTX amp

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 66
Yes, both JBL and MTX make good amps. Someone was also telling me that another called called Phoenix Gold makes quality amps as well. Those RFL152's take 2000 RMS so 2000 to each will be plenty.

Username: Araknid

Post Number: 7
is there another manufacturer that makes a GOOD 4000 watt amp when bridged.

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 67
JBL makes one amp that you may be interested in. The BPX2200.1 which is $1,500 from cardomain.com (Probably can find it cheaper elsewhere). The information says it puts out 2450W @ 4 ohms or 1810W @ 1 ohm. They also make the A6000GTi which is 6000W. It's also $6000, so obviously that's out of anyone's price range.
Onto MTX which only makes one you may be of interest to. Much cheaper as well. The MTX Audio Thunder1501DR is rated at 1500W @ 2 ohms at a much better $400.
Phoenix Gold also has their comparable Phoenix Gold Octane-R 15.0:1 amp rated at 1500W @ 2 ohms for $550.
(All information and prices from cardomain.com or the companies respective sites.)
Hope that helps you some.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 279
u could also lookat zapco amps, they are a little pricy but well worth the $$$.
U might look into MA audio, some on here don't like em, but I haven't had a bit of problems with mine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us