Low high pitched sound comeing from speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 69
When I have the volume low and I accelerate, This low pitched(isnt really loud but noticable) sound comes out only when I accelerate(The pitch will get higher if I accel Higher) But if I put the volume a bit louder you can't hear it. What could be the problem? I'd like to eliminate this problem since when I install a amp, the pitch gets alot more noticable.

xxmdfmkx
Unregistered guest
Anyone? Would really like to eliminate this.

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Ground problems

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 75
So what should I ground it to instead?

Username: Grokes

Post Number: 2
This noise is coming from your alternator. The motion of the alternator affects other magnetic fields in the engine. The alternator then picks up some of the high frequencys and transfers them through your head unit to your speakers. U can fix this with an alternator suppresor or a car noise filter/car audio filter. I have the same problem with my system. Look around on the internet for some cheap ways to try and fix it but other whys a suppresor or a filter is needed.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 681
Hey mdfmk, you need a solid ground wire. Try under your back seat. Sand/grind away on the car chassis and connect the ground wire, try and keep it under 18". Should solve that annoying noise. I had the same problem. Also check your rca cables. They will pick up noise if too close to power wires.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2686
Head unit ground can cause this as well. Also, make sure all the wiring in the engine compartment is away from the alternator, distributor, ignition wires, and other electrical components.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us