Glasswolf Please Help!

Freddy P
Unregistered guest
I have a older kenwood KEC-202 Electronic Crossover I Am Really not sure where to set it at I Has 30 To 800hz. They Told me that for the sub it has to be lower than50hz. Iam running A Diamond Audio Sub And A Mtx Thunder 4202 amp Bridged Putting Out 280 to the sub. Also I have a question about the amp when im playing it it seems like the little red light from the amp comes and goes when the sub is hitting. Almost as if it was moving to the beats. I would apreciate your help

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 104
The setting on the crossover depends on what kind of music you listen to and your personal taste, but I wouldn't go over 90Hz. As far as the light blinking on your amp, make sure all of youre power connections are good. Check at the battery, power wire, fuse holder, terminals, and ground. You vehicle should be able to handle that small of an amp.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 175
Freddy, 50hz is to low. Try setting it around 80hz. Start there and play around in that area till you find something you like.

Freddy P
Unregistered guest
Thanks guys i got the system right were i want it. Also If any of you guys know about cars Do You know if i can cut the whole firewall in the back by the seats I was thinkin of Customizing some subs in the back.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 322
Anything is possible...
Some people take out the whole back seat and put in custom piece.

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
Hey Freddy P, I hope you're not that guy on eBay. He took my money and never sent the product. He's delisted now.
FYI, his name was also Freddy P.

Freddy P
Unregistered guest
What's the firewall for really. I think Is Just So it Could hold the back seat on older cars Isn't it. But Nothing would go wrong with my car if i do cut it right? By the way Isaac I'm Not the guy on ebay, I dont have a credit card and i'm only 17. But I heard in the news Like a week that they arrested like 6 people For selling bogus stuff on ebay and the customers never got there merchandise. Maybe you were one of those customers that never got their stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 108
Rear firewall? Between the cab and trunk? Take that batch out and make a wall of woofers. It only holds the seat in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
Hey Freddy, glad you weren't that crook. Anyways, when you say firewall, you're not talking about the firewall under your dashboard right? That one you don't want to cut. It's there to protect you in case of fire.
The seats are up to you. You can cut/replace if you like as long as you own the car.
I've seen people drill a big hole on the back seats to install 12" subs, then protect them with a grill. If done right, it looks good. The back passengers won't thank you much though.

Freddy P
Unregistered guest
Yeah I was talking about the rear I m going to try to fit in at least three twelves, or do you guys think i should get 2 15's , I need to measure everything first. I was thinking about going with Rockford fosgate I saw some that were 600rms a each.

Freddy P
Unregistered guest
Yeah I was talking about the rear I m going to try to fit in at least three twelves, or do you guys think i should get 2 15's , I need to measure everything first. I was thinking about going with Rockford fosgate I saw some that were 600rms a each.

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
Hey Freddy, why stop at 600W rms subs? If you have the cash, go with 1000W rms 15" subs. I find that 15" - 18" subs pound much stronger and produce lower bass. I'd personally get 2 15" or 18" subs. You'll find that it's much easier to configure 2 subs than 3. Most amps support 4,2, or 1 ohms. With 3, you'll have odd number, which won't maximize the amp's power.
Also look for subs with heavy magnets. I think mine's 320oz. The heavier the magnet, the more it'll pound your car!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us