Fuel Pump Shut-off Switch

Username: Pete0403

Post Number: 9
Hi,

If I was going to install a fuel pump shut-off switch in my older GM car, can I just interrupt the circuit after the fusebox with a two-post on/off toggle switch? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks
-Pete-

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 179
I would hook up a relay. It is a little more complicated, but safer than just running the power wire thru a switch.

Username: Pete0403

Post Number: 10
Cool, thanks man.

A relay isn't too complicated to install. But can I just go out and buy a general relay or will I have to use one meant for something else? I have a relay now but it's meant for a rad fan on a plymouth.

Unregistered guest
HElp cliford alarm will not let me turn on my truck two new battries were Installed for got pass word this is a 9000 Installed in a truck how do I by Pass it ,PLease write to me If you have a clue

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 14
You should be able to use that relay as it should be a "normally open" type relay - if you run your switch down to the relay and use the cars original pump feed as the main feed for the relay then you should be fine - remember to fuse the switch feed for the relay, it would help if you put the switch feed on an "on with ignition" feed, that way you can't leave the relay on burning current (not much but some) when you are not driving the car.

Cheers Glenn

Anonymous

Hi there,
I own a 97 Ford Taurus GL Station wagon and for the last two weeks I haven't been able to get it to start. I've had several people look at it and the main problem seems to be that there is no spark being generated. The battery and fuel pump are both brand new and I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the fuel pump shut-off switch. If so, how do I reset the switch? I seem to have misplaced my owners manual and don't even know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
-luc

Anonymous

Hi there,
I own a 97 Ford Taurus GL Station wagon and for the last two weeks I haven't been able to get it to start. I've had several people look at it and the main problem seems to be that there is no spark being generated. The battery and fuel pump are both brand new and I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the fuel pump shut-off switch. If so, how do I reset the switch? I seem to have misplaced my owners manual and don't even know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
-luc

Anonymous

Hi there,
-luc

Username: Audiochief

Melbourne, Fl

Post Number: 1
all fords have a fuel shut.the switch is usually behind the panel in the trunk by the spare tire.
But if you r having a problem with spark it is more likly your ingition module ;cap;rotor or at worst your pick up coil in the dist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us