Help - solobaric

Unregistered guest
Hey, I want some subwoofers and was thinkin' about 2 solobaric 12's or 15's...i want somthin pretty loud with low money budget..any opinions on them? Also, wheres a good place to buy them at? and what kind of amp to push them? *note* I don't have too much room for a box. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jroc

West Salem, Wisconsin U.S.

Post Number: 31
contact your local dealers...kicker is a good choice i have one and it loves the low frequencies. IF i turn it up too high it gets a little sloppy though there is no dynomat in the car so everything rattles

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 69
If you don't have too much room for a box, you may want to look elsewhere than the solobarics, as they tend to want A LOT of room. They are loud, not SQ at all. Just some points I figured I'd bring up.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 180
Kickers comp vr is a pretty good speaker. Not as loud as the solo, but all and all a better all around speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 181
If you have a little extra to spend look into the Boston Acoustic pro 12 ($200 to $250), or Boston acoustic G5 (about $500). I have had alot of experiance with the PRO series and loved it.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 240
Boston acoustics are WAY better than the solo's. If u ever wan't to buy a kicker sub, buy the comp vr. The solo's are square, just being that shape, u jump back around 5 years of technology right there. They are good spl subs, but like Jordan said, when u put them a little louder, they get REALLY sloppy, and that, absolutely nothing can change it, even with some dynamat and a plexiglass enclosure, it will still sound sloppy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us