No sound coming from speakers

JasonX
Unregistered guest
I've had my Eclipse 5340 car stereo for around seven years now with no problems until recently. Starting a few weeks ago the sound (radio or cd) would go out every so often with the speakers making a weird thump noise as the sound went out, and the sound would usually come back on after a little while. But now these last few days I have not heard any sound. The stereo it self seems to be functioning fine, except when I push any buttons on the face they don't make a beep noise like they used to. I checked the radio fuse and inline fuse attached to the stereo and both seem fine. Anybody have any ideas?

Username: Whadaphuk71

Detroit, MI USA

Post Number: 2
What type of car do you have?

My guess is your car amp is going.
This dude told me that if you have factory "premium sound" (like me in a punk a$$ 92' Explorer) there's only two ways of installing it and either way you'll have to spend more money to fix future problems. 1. If you hook it to the amp, the receiver will blow (after a while) like what you explained about the fading in and out. If bypass the system amp, it's possible to blow your speakers.FLAT OUT!!!Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

JasonX
Unregistered guest
I have a 1991 Saturn SL2. I don't have an amp or subwoofer installed. Unless amp is built into Eclipse stereo? Sorry I don't know alot about car stereos.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 177
Seven year old eclipse. Yeah it's time is up. Sounds like the internal amp is going bad. Time to upgrade.

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Considering average lifespan is 4 years, hell yeah. CD/R's didn't even exist back then. HAH! Get some Mp3 up in the mix too!

Username: Theused

Post Number: 3
yeah, time to throw it out or sell for parts and get something just a little more advanced I'd say. good luck.

JasonX
Unregistered guest
Yeah need new stereo and new car. LOL Would probably be more worth it to buy a new stereo rather then fix this one. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us