Need to fill in the Hz gap

Bronze Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 71
I have 2 15" L7's and 4 Alpine 5x7's. It dosn't reproduce the higher bass notes very well. What do you guys recommend for filling in the Hz?

DorcetheThinkosaurus
Unregistered guest
Alpines blo. Swap them out and get a head unit that can control sub volume...and bass, treble and midrange of door speakers. Or...get an eq or swap out those 15's with 12's or 10's. See what I'm thinkin?

Bronze Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 73
My HU has all of those features and an eq. I can get it to sound okay, but the Alpines aren't loud enough and don't fill in the mid-bass frequencies. Should I just get rid of the alpines? Or just the front ones? What should I replace them with? Should I get some small woofers? I listen to rap and country (anything with good bass)

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Lucas, What are you Driving your system with---the sub, the door speakers??

And...what is your goal: Clean, loud as f&&&, or both? To do both, you will have to fork out some cash on the amps.

My friend Jonathan was driving two 15's with a monsterous Orion and disabled one of the subs because his was too bassy. He also disabled his rears. He also went to a pro to get all the configs straight. The less speakers, the merrier.

"Toiga, Toiga" by R. Kelly is the test song on my fully equipped kit. Try it out

Bronze Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 75
I'm usind a MTX 1501D on the subs and MTX 564 four channel on the door speakers.
I want it loud and clean. My system is also too bassy. Never thought that I would say that, but I think the problem is that the 5x7's cant keep up. The 15"'s just drown them out. I want something that is clean, loud and can be heard over the subs. I think my MTX 564 has plenty of power:
2 Ohm Load 140 w x 4
4 Ohm Load 70 w x 4

Right now i'm running it in 4 ohm mode. Do they make good 2 ohm speakers that will work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us