Question about boosting up my existing speaker system

Username: Docoz69

Post Number: 1
I have a leased 2004 Mustang with a Mach 460 sound system, and I want to boost up the power for the next 4 years while i have it. Therefore, it has to be something removable so the dealership doesn't know I did it. I really know nothing about this stuff so i need some help.

I was over at Best Buy the other day, and am totally lost at what i need to buy. I basically want more bass and louder, it's that simple.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Post Number: 2
Someone out there must have some ideas!!!

Anyone???

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 266
Leases argh they have you by the balls; I wouldn't screw with the car at all to tell you the truth. If you are REALLY careful you can do a normal install with no damage.

First off before we go chanting out products to buy what are you looking to spend?

Post Number: 3
I would probably spend between 500-600 bucks......i don't want to spend too much.
I was thinking if i get an amp and a subwoofer, i could have them screw the amp to the woofer box in my trunk, that way they wouldn't have to screw it into the frame of the car. let me know if you know any products.

Thanks!!!

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 279
Well that'll work for the subs, but what about the power wiring? You need to install extra power wire from the battery to the trunk. If you do it carefully, without damaging the carpet etc, at the end of the lease, you can remove it.
All that Mach sound system is way overrated. You can buy a much better system at a lower price than the ones you get from Ford. They suck, but then so do most stock packages.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us